The End of 3A Toys (2008-2019)

Some would say they could see the signs of the impending end (was SDCC the "last" ?), some might even welcome the end of an era (you know who you are), while the Legion of current fans will lament the day this was announced on worldofthreea.com...
"The era of 3A is coming to a close. Kim and I are forging ahead in different directions. I wish Kim nothing but the best on the journey he is taking Threezero in and I’m grateful to have spent so many years in the trenches with the man." - shared Ashley Wood.
"I’m proud of what 3A has produced and accomplished these 11 years. It’s been a sincere honor and privilege to work with all of the 3A crew, past and present. My journey, my art, and my worlds, however, are heading towards new frontiers with head held high and brush in hand. And to the fans – Thank you. 3A could not have been what it was without you. Rest assured – this is not the end, it’s another beginning. The band remains the same, only the label is changing. See you in the Underverse." (@ashleywoodart)

And while I have had my fair share of personal emotions for the brand and man thru the years, I am left with the fond memories of the early days of 3A Toys, when I as TOYSREVIL felt appreciated for my (incessant :p) blogging efforts, and toy-loved, until I was not.

View this post on Instagram

3AA for 2009 (Reviewed #onTOYSREVIL: http://bit.ly/2iWbg0h) “Founding Member” sounding so prestigious then … I had first used my true name, instead of “TOYSREVIL” then because, (A) I personally genuinely as a 1/6 collector myself loved their product and designs, (B) I had not then thought of a “blog” angle hahaha ... it was only much later, when I could change the name on the membership card, and I’ll admit by then the “passion” had since been overcome by financial lack, and other unfortunate unhappy situation ... my membership support ended after 2013. I truly missed the peeps in the OLD forum, for having a place to geek out in my hobby (the blog didn’t count then lol)... and am always grateful for the members who had spoken up and encouraged me during my Stroke back in 2010 too! So my connection to 3AA is really the people in the collecting community, and the joy the toys brought me then. I had been naive to have thought otherwise all these years hahaha #threeatoys #3atoys #3aassociates #bloglife #toystory #sadlysalty

A post shared by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on




Admittedly too; a deep seated personal resentment of a promise unrealised and unspoken of since. But naively I soldiered on, because I LOVED the toys! Until my own personal finances could not afford me to continue being a 3A-Associate. Through the years, I have had collected numerous figures, some of which still remain unopened, sealed in boxes since packed away from sight, being the hoarder that I am/was, and 3A helped fuel my "hoardism" (YES, it is now a word in the TOYSREVIL-vocabulary, because I deem it so :p) ... and have instead 12 years of bloggery, starting with my a teaser of Bertie The Pipebot, even before "3A Toys" was announced in mid-April, 2008 (with "Non dePlume")! Thanks for the toy-memories, 3A.


But the most memorable of 3A for me, are not (just) the "toys", but of the Legionnairies, who had gotten together to sign a "get well" greeting, when I was lying in the hospital for Stroke in 2010. I recognise that it had been the brand and toys which led to the people and community who showed support for me at one of my darkest times in my adult life, and for that, I am thankful to "3A Toys"' existence.

Cheers
Andy TOYSREVIL

BACK TO THE TOY-BIZ:


NOTICE ABOUT 3A BRAND (Source):

"Moving forward, all 3A branded licenses like Transformers and Destiny 2 will be produced and distributed by Threezero and carry the Threezero brand. Future pre-orders will be placed through https://www.threezerohk.com

All pre-orders made through Bambaland.com and WO3A.com will be honored by Threezero.

Beginning August 1st, 2019 3A will close it’s online store for pre-orders. Please refer to https://www.threezerohk.com/shipping-schedule/ for the latest shipping schedule.
Please direct any questions about your orders to 3zerocs@three-zero.com

Thank you following 3A for over 10 years!"
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK