New "DONGO" Figure Project from Yoskay Yamamoto x Giant Robot


I am intrigued to see this form uploaded on @yoskayyamamoto, of a new collectible project with Giant Robot, featuring a figure form with a body-aesthetic different from his past collectible releases - very straight forward, you know? ... besides the undoubtably recognisable "moon-with a-face"-look ... or any other Yoskay Yamamoto "face", actually :)


Actually, the side profile(s) intrigues me even more, as it is not quite a "relief-face" embedded on the moon-surface, rather a moon-shaped face ... can't wait for further updates, perhaps via @giantrobot / @giantrobotstore as well... assuming this will be a "mass production" collectible?



UPDATED: "I'm happy to announce that my latest figure, "Dongo," is available through @giantrobot. This project is between my good friend @ericnakamura and myself, and also with help from our fellow GR artist @deharayukinori.

Sofubi figures are old-school production for making toy figures in Japan, and this is the first and only figure that has "made in Japan" stamp in all my figures that I designed.

I created the original character for @filmindependent in 2017. I always loved the storytelling quality and cleverness of Rene Magritte and, I felt it was fitting to pay an homage to his work for the poster design. And still, today creating, an image for the LA Film Festival is one of my favorite projects that I got to work on in my career. I loved seeing my character printed on a large scale on billboards across Los Angeles.

The name "Dongo" refers to the design studio Magritte operated to work on commercial projects and illustrations during his time.

I carved the original sculpture from wood and resin epoxy and, I love the texture of the figure. I can not be happier how everything turned out:) Though they are small in size, they carry a lot of sentiment from Eric and myself. Special thanks to Eric and Dehara-san for making this project come true:)"
(@yoskayyamamoto)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK