Winston Leong's #TopTenToysof2021

WHAT-IS: What are YOUR #TopTenToysof2021? I’ve invited some collectors to share their favs and you can check if they share the same designer toys as you, in this serial feature on TOYSREVIL heralding in the new year of toys in 2022!



Today we welcome Winston Leong back for his 8th straight year of sharing his favs, supporting this feature since it's inception in 2014! And it's not just "content" for TOYSREVIL, as I'd genuinely look forward to his lists, and the toy-joy of seeing collectibles I'd missed in my toynews-feature (I know there are TONS out there beyond my reach and notice), and as well seeing them "in-action" (gads but I love toy-videos)!

TOP TEN TOYS OF 2020
#TOPTENTOYSOF2019
#TOPTENTOYSOF2018
#TOPTENTOYSOF2017
TOP TEN TOYS 2016
#TOPTENTOYS2015
TOP TEN TOYS FOR 2014


Check out his previous years' lists (above), or scroll thru to view his TOP TEN for 2021, along with a lil'Q&A to find out how his life and toy-adventures has been since...! And of course not forgetting his Instagram @winzleong for EVEN MORE TOYS!



#TopTenToysof2021 #10: Kevin Lyons – Buffalo Soldier / Split Fountain (Pix on IG)

WINSTON LEONG: Passed on the first colourway of Buffalo Soldier, I knew I couldn't give this gradient colour way a miss! Managed to snag the first colourway later on but this is still my fave of the 2!



#TopTenToysof2021 #9: Instinctoy X Jason Freeny – Anatomical Muckey "Zombie"

WINSTON LEONG: Have a few of the original Muckeys and I knew i had to try to ballot for the GID + anatomical version! What's not to love about this? Details are amazing and the blood!



#TopTenToysof2021 #8: Superplastic X Gorillaz – Song Machine

WINSTON LEONG: When I first knew about the OG Kidrobot Gorillaz set it was already wayyyy too late and when I knew of the superplastic version i had to get it! Beautiful set!



#TopTenToysof2021 #7: Yoskay Yamamoto - Cosmic Intentions - "DONGO" Sofubi (Pix on IG)

WINSTON LEONG: Another familiar name to my top 10 lists, I am loving how this was originally meant to be a graphic and image for the Los Angeles International Film Festival and was sculpted by Yukinori Dehara.



#TopTenToysof2021 #6: KAIJU ONE GOLD - THE SET of "JOUSHIN-KYOUSHIN / 挑心叶神 and the HANAUTAH TIGER"

WINSTON LEONG: Tiger + Mystical god-like creature sitting atop it. Love. Period



#TopTenToysof2021 #5: Tyson Yoshi FR2 (Pix on IG)

WINSTON LEONG: A very interesting crossover between Chino Lam X Fucking Rabbits X Tyson Yoshi (A up and coming music artists from Hong Kong). Love how the 2 side figures magnetically attach to the legs!



#TopTenToysof2021 #4: Tim Biskup – Helper

WINSTON LEONG: Always a sucker for stuff I couldn't afford when I was younger, I jumped at the opportunity to score this at a reasonable price through a friend's help! One of my few pieces I own from Tim Biskup!



#TopTenToysof2021 #3: Coarse – You Used To Keep Me Warm

WINSTON LEONG: A staple in all my yearly top 10s, the sculpt, build, colours all make this this year's choice!



#TopTenToysof2021 #2: Parra x Case Studyo – A Pear Lamp (Pix on IG #1 / Pix on IG #2)

WINSTON LEONG: Technically, I won't consider this a toy but heck, I love it so much I had to put it in the top 10!



#TopTenToysof2021 #1: SML WARS SS 001 SPACECRAFT VER.

WINSTON LEONG: Been a long time collector of SML toys and this was a dream come true! The transformability + lights and size! WOW!




TOYSREVIL: What has been the most memorable toy-hunt you've experienced in 2021? And what happened? Where you successful?

WINSTON LEONG: I think similar to a lot of people, 2021 hasn't exactly been the best. I just came back to Singapore from Hong Kong in Oct 2020 hence alot of toy hunting was limited to being online (balloting, bidding, buying). The case being Singapore has a much smaller designer toy community as well as less avenues for me to purchase them through brick and mortar shops. The most memorable might be the fact I managed to ballot for the Instinctoy Muckey as well as the liquid peace monster which i believe to be typically difficult to get.

TOYSREVIL: Has anything changed in your toy-hunting/collection focus in 2021, than the years before? And what is it/are they?

WINSTON LEONG: Continuing from the previous answer, the scene here in SG is very different from that of HKG. But that being said, even if i were to be in HKG, it is proving to become way more difficult to get toys, what with the influx of scalpers and trend people who have jumped aboard toy collecting. This has caused me to be more chill with what I am UNABLE to procure. I do still get stuff I know i can get and that I love (ie. Coarse).

TOYSREVIL: Any plans for 2022? How you approach collecting / hunting for toys? Or even making them?

WINSTON LEONG: I guess I would have already answered this question in my answer for question 2. I am often asked why I don't make my own toys since I love them so much. I would say that the day I have an idea of a figure I absolutely have to make, I will make it. but as of now, there isn't anything yet! I definitely am interested in the process of toy creation and have dabbled in 3d printing as well as handmade resin pieces.

[ Stay connected to Instagram @winzleong ]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK