about meggs' he-man busts (from the 'own worst enemy' show)

With the posting of Meggs "Own Worst Enemy" solo artshow @ Don't Come Gallery, Melbourne - I'd managed to bug the Aussie-artist about the HE-MAN Busts on display - both it's availability and genesis :)
The He-Man Busts measure 145mm height x 125mm wide (at the base) x 60mm deep (at
the base) - made in a limited edition of 20 BLACK with Red (signed & numbered), and an edition of 100 WHITE (signed) with varying pink, red & magenta details. (Pricing undetermined)

Folks interested in getting them can check out either houseofmeggs.com and/or niceproduce.com where the items will be posted online after the show ends, shortly after October 11th. ... meanwhile, I had to ask Meggs: WHY HE-MAN? /// CLICK TO READ MORE


MEGGS: "Much of my artwork plays on the duality of self, so I like to subvert and portray icons of both good and evil and for me personally that references childhood heros like He-man. So for my 'Own Worst Enemy' show I wanted to create an installation of He-man on mass."

"I made a silicon mould of an original 1984 issue money box and then spent many hours casting the moulds in plaster. Then painted the two editions as part of my exhibition. You can see the results of both the installation and limited editions: here"


[Cheers for the trouble, dude!]

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK