TOYSREVIL’s TOP NINE Instagram Images for 2019

As the year 2019 begins to winds down, time to start reminiscing! Starting with TOYSREVIL’s TOP NINE on Instagram for 2019 (courtesy of topnine.co), and of course I'll be breaking down the images!


The "TOP" in this particular instance, is no doubt based on the total amount of "Likes" per image found on instagram.com/toysrevil, which no doubt is tainted by algorithms affecting images appearing/existing on your social feed(s), for which I do not pay a single cent for, to assist it them to appear in your feeds in the first place LOL

Having organically reached "28K" Follows since this morning (Singapore time), I am grateful for folks' follows and interest in seeing what I have uploaded, which currently clocks in "20,592 posts" (as of THIS UPLOADED IMAGE, not so ironically so), and can only but cross my cyber-fingers everyone'll be able to see something that interests them, in a timely manner, moving forward.

The most recent image is that of Tom Well's SPONGEBOB interpretation (made with Unbox Industries) dated "November 22", while the furtherest dated image on this list is for Coolrain LABO's "Astromouse", dated "April 16". ONWARD!


Top-Left: AVENGERS depicted as UKIYOE characters by @takumitoxin, as fanart for "Avengers Endgame"!

*Featured HERE on TOYSREVIL (Dated April 25, 2019).


Top-Center: And thusly my obsession for GODZILA-Q figures begun ... on both TOYSREVIL and my flim-hobby-blog POPCORNX! LOL

This obsession would lead to a total of THREE or 1/3 of this list dedicated to Godzilla-Q, and culminating to owning one sole cutey (Thanks to a overseas friend), and continuingly lusting for the rest LOL

#Gojira #SomeoneHookMeUp


Top-Right: Good Grief! Honesty, I would not have envisioned how HUGE this life-size 16” Snoopy vinyl was, if I'd not watched Super7's Supercast Episode 17 (SDCC19 Edition), for which I judiciously screengrabbed and uploaded! And seems folks agreed with me on Instagram :)


Mid-Left: Xenomorph x Pokémon BULBASAUR sculpted by @Gabencui (Tooth Fairy Studio on Taobao), since featured on both TOYSREVIL and POPCORNX.

The China-based artist has a couple more Pokémon sculpts, making total of four, and his PIKACHU X ALIENS has since been bootlegged as pre-painted PVC replicas and available via online auction sites.


Mid-Center: "ENBT, Astromouse (2019)" from Disney X @coolrainlabo made it's debut at Shanghai Toy Show (Featured HERE on TOYSREVIL) - featuring cowork by @labo_205 @99.5.9, @sim.cast, @sangceol39 & @parrk.studio - whereby the aesthetic of Mickey Mouse's head is adapted into a clear-(removable)-"helmet", worn by the pensive/forlorn-looking lady underneath, who is clad an astronaut space suit - littered with icons - and a wholly stark contrast to the hyper-sensualized "rabbiTT" form.


Mid-Right: Having found an actual review video (from "Yi HSY") for Godzilla-Q Series 1 (Which I screengrabbed in-hand & featured on this blog), which helped give me further insights into the figures, and fuelled my continued obsession with them!

Standing at an average of 8cm, there are 6 figures for both Series 1 and Series 2, which makes a total of 12 chibixchubby PVC figures I NEED! Availability seems to be in China, Taiwan & Thailand, with online sales and auction sites the primary source (I have since not checked otherwise tho...).


Bottom-Left: Series 2 of "GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS" Q Edition Figures were revealed on TOYSREVIL and POPCORNX. Then I saw my dream collection of Godzilla-Q beckoning me ...



Bottom-Center: SPONGEBOB X @tomjnewell Crossover Project made it's debut at DesignerCon 2019 (Nov 22-24) via producer's Unbox Industries' booth, and subsequently sold out online as well.


Bottom-Right: Joan Cornellà's "SELFIE GUN" first came to 3-dimensional life as a Bronze Sculpture by @arr.allrightsreserved, and subsequently as 2 X Sold Out Editions of limited run vinyl collectibles (GREEN Suited + BLUE Suited). This is quite a literal "Art Toy", in its currently Contemporary evolution (from @sirjoancornella to gallery sculpt, to mass toy), as the world increasingly opens up to the toy/collectible-scene, and embraces the "gallery art" notion, IMHO.


You can call me "sentimental", and I'd not disagree one iota! And truthfully I am constantly interested in what folks like to see what I put out, and hey, if I cannot be my own "hype-man", who else can?

So are YOU on my Instagram yet? instagram.com/toysrevil = Thanks for your FOLLOWing Considerations :)

Cheers
Andy TOYSREVIL


COMMENTARY: The internet landscape has also changed. One more "memorable" one - which I have not mentioned anywhere else publicly - was a take-down of a sole image, which was claimed to have gone against copyright of a certain welcome known artist, whereby the image was of a montage of custom-painted pieces by multiple artists/customizers (I had made), for a group custom show, which showcased pieces made from a admitted "bootleg figure" of the said artists' product. I did not fight it, as it would have put the organisers into the spotlight, and last I checked, multiple images remain still on their IG-page ... and here I am just blogging about them instead ... "#bloglife", I suppose :p
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK