April 20/2020 Edition of Top Ten Blogposts The Past Week on TOYSREVIL

As we start a new week ahead, I have since lost count of how long we have stayed-in, and frankly I have chosen not to count the days, as it would undoubtably lead to my own personal stress, having learnt this back in October 2010, when I survived Stroke and was in rehabilitation (Yes, ANOTHER Stroke-story ahead! Feel free to scroll past the next few paragraphs to view the list instead, all good)) - when during the initial days in hospital recovery, I counted the days I started rehabilitation, and constantly wondered "how long" it would take, for me to walk again (I was wheelchair-bound for a few months both in and out of hospital) ... but soon stopped counting, as it did nothing to motivate me, in fact, it quite affected my moods and expectations of something I had zero knowledge about, and neither could I just hang on the words of the therapists and caregivers to give me a "hope" that would be unfair of me to insist they guaranteed ...

But what they did say was: I would have no minimal hope if I chose NOT to rehabilitate. And so that's what I did: I put my head down, exercised and pushed myself everyday (under hospital supervision, of course), until the day I could stand up from my wheelchair and hold unto my 4-legged-walking module, and subsequently unto my single walking stick (AND travel to Thailand on my own - Thanks, Napat!), and eventually putting aside my walking stick ... I still keep it tho, just in case.


Admittedly, I sometimes do think about the opportunities and plans I lost during that period of my life - all the "would-haves" and "should-haves" meant quite literally nothing, if I could not have the freedom, to even stand free and walk freely ... but it was also a period I achieved other things and attained milestones that perhaps would've escaped me as the others did before...?

Learning to appreciate the little victories, to be able to embrace different expectations, and being motivated to move forward - is easier said than done, I understand. We might all be missing a huge chunk of our daily lives now, and maybe we could consider claiming back a little bit at a time, in whatever suitable and safe way possible - be it as an artist (Like Neil Gaiman said: "Make Good Art"), or even as a Collector, to be able to give our toys the attention they might have missed out on the past?


Hey, not telling anyone what they should do - and for sure, this is a just my POV and personal experience, and everybody else has their own hardships and burdens to bear, the battle stories we will all have and be able to share, in the future days to come, hopefully soon!


This week's Top Ten Blogposts for the Past Week on TOYSREVIL-list is brought to you by YOUR reading/clicking choices, as recorded in this blog's stats!

Thank You for Reading TOYSREVIL, and for your kind support during these trying times!

Stay Safe and Healthy, folks!
Andy TOYSREVIL


#10: GUNDAM GHOST by Poot Padee is currently available for online pre-orders here on Etsy.

#9: A toy-flashback from a recent past, with (Re)Introducing RABBIV from Arkiv Vilmansa x ??? (Go bug @vtsstoys ~ *cough*)...

#8: Trailer, Teaser & A Podcast for the animated "THE MIDNIGHT GOSPEL" - premiering April 20th on Netflix!


#7: SHARD DUNNY PRISMATIC Series from Scott Tolleson has since SOLD OUT!

#6: tokidoki-Con 2020 has since launched on tokidoki.it (This Online Event Ends May 16/2020).


#5: FIRE Version NOZILLA from Noger Chen x Blackseed Toys Available For Pre-orders Now! International stores mentioned in blogpost-linked.

#4: And while this is currently only rendered concept, Angry Hedgehog Toys Does A MegaZord is a slice of toy-nostalgia we want!


#3: KING RACHA BOYHOOD Series (2/3) by Raha Rodriguez is his tribute piece to the character Pinocchio who went on a journey to become a "real boy". "One must findout what it (boyhood) truly means to them for there is no absolute meaning behind it; thus rejecting the traditional stigma and stereotypical expectations of masculinity on boys and men, such as — "Boys Don't Cry"."

#2: Final Trailer & New Poster for Marvel Studios' Black Widow.

#1: Final Trailer & New Poster for Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045 premiers April 23rd, only on Netflix.


Coincidentally, I'd caught THE LAUGHING MAN over the Sunday weekend (as I was filming my TOYTIME), which featured the "disbandment" of Section 9, and am interested to see this upcoming incarnation, where the members of Section 9 are "now" freelancing mercenaries, or at least how they'll start off...
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK