Edward Low's #TopTenToysof2021

WHAT-IS: What are YOUR #TopTenToysof2021? I’ve invited some collectors to share their favs and you can check if they share the same designer toys as you, in this serial feature on TOYSREVIL heralding in the new year of toys in 2022!



We are joined by Edward Low in this feature today, who share with us his TOP TEN and as well sharing with us aspects of his life. THis'll be the 5th time he's shared his TOP TEN with TOYSREVIL too! CLICK THRU to read his past choices, or scroll thru to find out his favs for 2021...!

TOP TEN TOYS OF 2020
#TOPTENTOYSOF2019
#TOPTENTOYSOF2018
#TOPTENTOYSOF2017




TopTenToysof2021 #10: Golden God Braver Battle Set by SC Braver

EDWARD LOW: Always liked lion dance since young, must be something to do with my ethnicity and culture. Already fell in love with it when the first SC Braver being released. Finally after missing out many versions of SC Braver, I won the lottery for this majestic gold chrome version! I even bought cloth gloves just to handle them.



TopTenToysof2021 #9: Kid Dragon by Kamaboko

EDWARD LOW: As my Chinese zodiac is dragon, basically I can easily being lured by anything dragon. Kamaboko introduce this Kid Dragon back in 2020 under their Free Ride Project. To date, only 2 Kid Dragons being made and 1 of them is with me. I smile like him when holding it in my hands.



TopTenToysof2021 #8: El Bimbo by Jan Calleja & Arman Kendrick

EDWARD LOW: This is the final member of the B Series and finally get to complete the set of 4 since the first one was released back in 2018. What’s more when it is in the famous black & yellow colorway! Understand that not many managed to complete the entire set and definitely can’t wait to receive the free piece for being able to do so.

TOYSREVIL: What has been the most memorable toy-hunt you've experienced in 2021? And what happened? Where you successful?

EDWARD LOW: Most memorable probably is getting Pinocchio Dimoo by Pop Mart from Action City. Saw it over the weekend when visiting Pop Mart flagship store at Funan, but they got no more stock. Then went to Action City in Bugis and still have 1 left but didn’t pull the trigger. Went home kept thinking about it and the following day went to Action City at Jewel to get the last piece in store.



EDWARD LOW: I heard they are sold out island wide shortly after that. Apparently they re-stock some times later but still feel lucky enough to get it when I can.



TopTenToysof2021 #7: Pitohui Toxic version by Tanavit23 x Twelvedot

EDWARD LOW: For only few years into the toy scene, I managed to make many toy friends and Jeremy is one of them. This is special because it is a gift from him to commemorate our friendship. Forever thankful to people that I cross path with along the way in this toy collecting journey.



TopTenToysof2021 #6: Ghoul Green Terror-cotta by Daniel Yu

EDWARD LOW: Can’t say much about the detail on this piece. Already know will be getting top notch resin figure from Daniel whenever he release one. Not disappointed at all.



TopTenToysof2021 #5: Kung Fu Sloth by Keigo

EDWARD LOW: Stumbled upon a funny web comic by Keigo few years back. Always laugh at how slow the sloth is on doing this. As mentioned in previous Top 10 Toys, I will get more Bruce Lee’s inspired toy. This is definitely one of those that speaks to me when I first saw it, my favourite character from the comic in the famous jumpsuit holding nun-chuck!



TopTenToysof2021 #4: Mini Kebabtoys by Kangblabla

EDWARD LOW: Always love things made by wood and Kebabtoys just fit into that category nicely. The mini size make it more adorable! Every piece is one off and I am proud to call them mine.

TOYSREVIL: Has anything changed in your toy-hunting/collection focus in 2021, than the years before? And what is it/are they?

EDWARD LOW: I am still very much focus on collecting toys from Malaysian designers, Bruce Lee inspired toys and anything that speaks to me when I see it. Since I came back to Malaysia and finally able to display my collection in my room. I realize that I don’t have much space for smaller pieces, so most of them still remain in the big box.



EDWARD LOW: It is also very dusty at my place so most are still in the packaging because I am lazy to clean them up frequently. So now I am looking more into medium size or bigger piece if I ever buying any toys in the future.



TopTenToysof2021 #3: Funko Pop! Albums: Linkin Park – Hybrid Theory

EDWARD LOW: Okay, chill. I am not a big fan of Funko Pop but how can I say no to this as a fan of Linkin Park for almost 2 decades? I mean, come on!



TopTenToysof2021 #2: Hippo Guy x Drawdelow by TEK & Drawdelow

EDWARD LOW: Hippo Guy is how I got to know TEK in person and soon become friends. Few years back I drew a fan art of his Hippo Guy in my own style just for fun. Last year he had an idea to turn it into a toy instead. Few months later, the very first Hippo Guy x Artist series, our first collaboration is born! We are currently working on the next colorway for this derpy fella.



TopTenToysof2021 #1: BullShit by Drawdelow

EDWARD LOW: 2021 has been a challenging year for me as I have made the decision to leave a stable job in Singapore and back to Malaysia for good. BullShit is consider my biggest project in 2021 to kick start my new journey in life. With the help of Messy Desk Studio, the first batch of BullShit is out. This is also the first time I get myself into using airbrush to paint it. Currently working on the next colorway and hopefully can announce it sooner rather than later. Stay tune for more. This is also why I am really looking forward to 2022!

TOYSREVIL: Any plans for 2022? How you approach collecting / hunting for toys? Or even making them?

EDWARD LOW: Since I quit my job and try to focus more on my own brand and also co-managing MY Toy Hoard, I guess this year I will buy lesser toys or probably buy none at all. This year will be all about BullShit and whatever that comes along the way. I have plans to further explore all the possibilities of my own Shit (pun intended) in 2022. We will see by next year if I have anything to share for my Top 10 Toys of 2022.



EDWARD LOW: I definitely looking forward to 2022 as it will be a year for me to continue to grow my own brand and also see how the Malaysia’s toy community grow. MY Toy Hoard will be celebrating our 5th Year Anniversary this year and we have some big plans to continue to promote this scene to the public.

For everything Drawdelow: linktr.ee/Drawdelow
For everything MY Toy Hoard: linktr.ee/mytoyhoard

Regards,
Edward aka Drawdelow
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK