#TopTenToysof2019 by Edward Low


One of the "Chief Toy-Poisoners" on the MY Toy Hoard Facebook group, Edward Low returns to our TOP TEN TOYS LIST for the third year running (2018 / 2017) with sharing his TOP TEN TOYS OF 2019! ONWARDS!


#10. White Koi Samego by NebbyArt (Pix on Instagram)
EDWARD-SAYS: When first saw it on their page, I thought it is a one-off private commissioned piece as no sale info being announced. That is until months later when Ben announce that they have updated their webstore. I know I got to have it! (got a mini White Koi Samego at SGCC2019 to match with it too!) 


#9. TriDino Set (Culture Cartel exclusive) - Ziqi x Unbox
EDWARD-SAYS: I always say, black & gold can never go wrong. Missed out the Flabslab exclusive Ice Cream Dino in 2018. I like Triceratops the most among all dinosaurs. (Probably because I like Blue Ranger when I was a kid) So I didn’t let it slip away again this time at Culture Cartel 2019! 


#8. BallballBruce by 78Jo
EDWARD-SAYS: I admire Bruce Lee but I don’t go after every toy in the famous yellow jumpsuit colourway. But the magnetic nunchucks caught my attention for this piece. I’ve been following Sunny’s work for quite some times since the very first Ballballfish & constantly sharing his works at MY Toy Hoard fb group page. To my surprise, he gave this BallballBruce to me as a token of appreciation. Life is great!

TOYSREVIL: Can you share with us, who you are and what you do?

EDWARD LOW: I am Edward Low aka @drawdelow & also admin of MY Toy Hoard. I'm working in a hotel as concierge but toys are my escape from handling nasty guests on daily basis!

TOYSREVIL: How long have you been buying (collectible) toys?

EDWARD LOW: I’ve started buying about 4 years ago. First piece was Huck Gee Soul Collector shadow version at STGCC 2016. Then down the rabbit hole ever since. 

TOYSREVIL: Where do you normally purchase your toys? Online? Offline from Stores? Events? Which do you prefer? And why?

EDWARD LOW: In Singapore, Ozzo Collection is the place to go. Usually online releases from artist’s webstore. Attending conventions is a better way as able to interact with artist. I prefer that way & that's why I wouldn’t go after those highly sought after cause I hate wasting my time in queue. 


#7. 七頭 (7 Head) - Johnee Lau aka Galaman
EDWARD-SAYS: I love puns & like a good laugh looking at a toy. 7 Head means stupid people in Cantonese. Johnee is super good with his Cantonese puns & his creations are top notch funny if you understand it. First saw this at TTE2019 but didn’t pull the trigger. Given 2nd chance when friend got it for me at TTF2919. 


#6. Earl by Kangblabla (Pix on Instagram)
EDWARD-SAYS: Earl is Gold Fish that can’t even remember his name. Hence, it is written on him. I like derpy looking stuff & Kangblabla managed to catch my attention once again with this creation! 


#5. Mr. Giraffe (Pix on Instagram)
EDWARD-SAYS: This emo looking giraffe is just too good not to be missed. Got this from signing up to their membership. Supposed will have priority to own the future releases but I only have this until now. 

TOYSREVIL: Do you have “toy-grails”? And did you manage to score a “toy-grail” this year (2019)?

EDWARD LOW: Probably the ultimate toy-grail is T9G Rangeas, not sure why but always wanting to own 1. But probably now is too hard for me. Rangeas Jr will do if no choice. 2019, I got my Linkin Park toygrail though!

TOYSREVIL: Any particular focus or toy-aims this year (2020)? Starting any new line?

EDWARD LOW: More Bruce Lee colorway & derpy looking toys maybe. Hahahha

TOYSREVIL: Do you belong to any particular or dedicated toy-groups (online or offline)? Do you have “toy-buying buddies”?

EDWARD LOW: As admin of MY Toy Hoard, been trying to “poison” more people back in Malaysia! Mainly online, thus started our own Youtube channel & Instagram account late last year to further “poison” others. I got a few buddies in the group where we will do our best to “poison” each other. It is a “healthy” way of living though.

TOYSREVIL: “Toy Buying these days is a solitary affair” = Do you agree with this? How do you feel about this?

EDWARD LOW: Not exactly, that is why we started a Facebook group to connect more collectors & artists in Malaysia. In return, we got to know more collectors & artists from other countries. Glad to meet some of them in person!


#4. One-Off HK Delivery Boy by Jnjf Design (Pix on Instagram)
EDWARD-SAYS: Being a fan of Stephen Chow since young, just got to have this! 


#3. Linkin Park Bearbrick (Pix on Instagram)
EDWARD-SAYS: Sometimes back when Andy told me there is a Linkin Park Bearbrick being sold at STGCC years ago. I knew I have to look for it & about 1 year plus later, finally found one that is still in sealed packaging. 


#2. WWRp BRAMBLE MK2 GATLING Linkin Park EXCLUSIVE (Pix on Instagram)
EDWARD-SAYS: After getting the Bearbrick, friends are telling me as Linkin Park’s fan, I have to get this as well. After few months of searching, managed to get this from reseller at a very reasonable price. Probably this is my Linkin Park toy grail!


#1. Yopyop
EDWARD-SAYS: 2019 is Year of Pig & decided to make a toy to bring around for photoshoot like others. Thought I will not be able to get them ready before year end cause of procrastination. But force myself to get them done for December release & here we are! Probably my proudest moment in 2019. 

TOYSREVIL: Where can people go to see your collection?

instagram.com/edwardlow25 (toys collection & daily life).
instagram.com/drawdelow (for random doodles & self made stuff that I call toys).
instagram.com/mytoyhoard
Youtube: MY Toy Hoard
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK