SAINT SEIYA by Patricio Oliver (Art & Q&A)

SAINT_SEIYA_PO-06

The second in our Serial Feature of the illustrations of Patricio Oliver continues in his interpretation of SAINT SEIYA! A popular Japanese anime and series of toys, find out what connect PO! has for these characters, and why they look so awesome drawn by him!

SAINT_SEIYA_PO-01 SAINT_SEIYA_PO-02
SAINT_SEIYA_PO-03 SAINT_SEIYA_PO-04

TOYSREVIL: What is Saint Seiya to you? I am very interested, as it is a Japanese concept found in your illustrations, and I'm fascinated by the concept traveling to Argentina! Which came first for you - toy or manga?

PATRICIO OLIVER: Saint Seiya was pretty popular in the 90s here and many other anime series were in the 80s and still are now. South America has a huge influence of japanese Animation and some manga too. I grow up watching Macross, Mazinger Z, Simba, Astroboy, Cobra and of course Saint Seiya.

SAINT_SEIYA_PO-05

PATRICIO OLIVER: I used to watch the show when I was 17 and we all knew them at school, years later (more than 10) I found out about the Myth Cloth series of toys and I started collecting them. I had to stop cause they are super expensive ( I still want to buy some of them that will look amazing and my shelf hahaha)

SAINT_SEIYA_PO-07

TOYSREVIL: Instead of asking who's your fav character, which character did you dislike the most in the series?

PATRICIO OLIVER: LEO looks horrible! I never liked the characters and you can totally tell by my tribute! ahhaaha I do like Aries Mu but I have to admit that It was utterly difficult to do it and I still don't love my interpretation of him!

Do you agree with PO? :p

Check out full images of PO!'s Saint Seiya illustrations on THIS FB-album, or on his superhero-blog and on his dedicated Flickr-album! And if you missed his first feature on his re-designed vintage-styled New Mutants? READ HERE!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK