Taylored Curiosities: Q&A + Seen @ ToyConUK 2013

ToyConUK2013033

Posted are snaps of Taylored Curiosities' table at the recent ToyConUK - which featured a swell selection of creations and jewelry-themed pieces, and as well a series of custom Giant Monster Embryo (seen below) and an Embryo customized by Jon-Paul Kaiser on the event-day itself (displayed alongside a new collaborative piece with Alto, perhaps? More on that "Seedling" later). Peep more, along with a short Q&A I had with Penny Taylor!

Taylored Curiosities

TOYSREVIL: How was the ToyCon for you? Your impressions?Was it what you expected it to be? Was this your first Con?

PENNY TAYLOR: ToyCon was the first con I have ever attended. I was so excited/nervous that I wasn't really sure what to expect. But it was absolutely brilliant! The buzz was amazing and it was great to meet some of the artists that I've worked with for a while via the Internet, in person.

ToyCon 2013 / Taylored Curiosities
(Image via Cris Rose)

TOYSREVIL: Tell us what you had on your table! And which of your items had the warmest reception / best response?

PENNY TAYLOR: I had quite a varied selection of work on my table. My brooches went down really well, but it was the Worry Teas that got the best response. I had some wonderful feedback on the fact that I had combined the two mediums to create them.

tailored curiosities

TOYSREVIL: Any suggestions to make the event even more awesome in the future?

PENNY TAYLOR: The only thing that could make it better would be more tickets as a few of my regular customers missed them and it would have been lovely to have met them in person (I did meet some fabulous people on the day though), but they are already choosing a different venue next year. Other than that it really was a total success!

custom monster embryo3
custom monster embryo
custom monster embryo2
custom monster embryo4
"I am going to be adding my ToyCon exclusives that are left from the day to my online store www.tayloredcuriosities.bigcartel.com throughout this week. There will be Strawberry Seedlings, Worry Teas, Freshly Caught Fenegrygs, A selection of brooches, Big and normal Worrys and of course... The blue Giant Embryos and some of the customised pieces by Haus of Loz, Ume Toys and Jon Paul Kaiser (who customised his live on the day)." ~added Penny.
(Most Images courtesy of Dolly Oblong)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK