"Music to My Ears" @ Toy Art Gallery (Aug 24) - celebrating Super Cooper’s 14th Birthday!


Toy Art Gallery presents "Music to My Ears" = a celebration of art and toys in honor of Super Cooper’s birthday! Over 70 artists from around the world was asked to consider music and how it affects their lives and their art, by the 14-year-old artist and curator, and the result will be on display Saturday, August 24th from 7-10pm. (Above card art illustrated by Jerome Lu of Hyperactive Monkey)
""As an artist and curator myself, I love music because it helps me power my creative circle. In other words, it helps me think of ideas and controls my art. Music can soothe me through trance, or pump me up with dubstep. This can cause effect on my characters and ideas by giving me expression. The expression leads to many ideas that transfer into my art. I hope that this show, "Music to My Ears," will take you through that same journey and through a trip of music wonderland.""
Part of the proceeds will benefit CHAMPS (a high school that supports the arts) and Book Bridge (a charity that donates books and other necessities to impoverished children in the Philippines). Check out further event details and participating artists list here on the Events Page on Facebook. Music to My Ears runs through September 10th.


The above custom featured here was done by Obscure (matthew@angrykoalagear.com / @obscureakg) from a Hell Lotus figure (from Clogtwo x Mighty Jaxx) for the event. Titled, "Ring of Fire", this custom was inspired by the Social Distortion version of the Johnny Cash song. "He gave the Mighty Jaxx skeleton figure a greaser look, with a pompadour, cigarette, and martini (homage to Social D). He also slapped the iconic Social Distortion logo on this guy's jacket."
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK