Edward Low's TOP TEN TOYS OF 2022


instagram.com/drawdelow
facebook.com/drawdelow
twitter.com/Drawdelow
Drawdelow Shopee
linktr.ee/Drawdelow


"Another year, another Top 10 toys of the year. As mention in my Top 10 Toys for 2021, I won't be buying as many toys as I did in previous years since becoming an artist means having unstable income. Somehow I still managed to get some toys throughout the year and come out with a list for Top 10 Toys of 2022. So here they are..."


Scroll thru to find out what are on Edward Low's TOP TEN TOYS OF 2022, and find out what his first designer toy purchase for 2023 was!







TOP TEN TOY OF 2022: #10. That Viral Psyduck toy
EDWARD LOW: Psyduck is my favourite Pokemon & most of my friends are aware of it. So you can imagine when it first hit the market & went viral on social medias, I got tagged multiple times & receive plenty of DMs telling me about it. I just knew I got to have it & I managed to get it from a local toy store many months later when the hype is over.



TOP TEN TOY OF 2022: #9. Peeyong Bathtub by Peeyong Diary x Messy Desk Studio
EDWARD LOW: I've been following Peeyong Diary for quite some time & really enjoy her comic. From just reading her comic to becoming friends. She has been wanting to turn her character into toy for quite some times. So the only right thing to do when she finally release her first toy is to own 1. Furthermore this is produced by Messy Desk Studio, one who many of us call him as sifu.



TOP TEN TOY OF 2022: #8. Daruma Dou Dou by ToyZero+ x DogTogether
EDWARD LOW: First time attending Taipei Toy Festival & booth with Malaysia Arttoy Showcase. This is a thank you gift from organiser which I believe it is for overseas artists who attended the convention in person since pandemic. Even managed to get the designer of DogTogether to sign on the packaging as he drop by at our booth when it is about to end



TOP TEN TOY OF 2022: #7. Prisoner of Thoughts by Mad Monkey
EDWARD LOW: In March, MY Toy Hoard did Kenik Show. It is the first physical show since pandemic & first time inviting overseas artists to take part. Mad Monkey did 10 edition of this exclusively for the show & he is kind enough to give 1 to me as token of appreciation.



TOP TEN TOY OF 2022: #6. Bruce Lee Ah Boy by JNJF
EDWARD LOW: I've been growing my Bruce Lee inspired toy in recent years. JNJF did this exclusively for Elefun Pop Art & Toy Show 2021. I was really surprise when he give 1 to me, allowing me to expand my collection.



TOP TEN TOY OF 2022: #5.Cow on by Noah's Crate
EDWARD LOW: This is the only toy I bought in Taipei Toy Festival. Mainly because of the face expression & besides my own BullShit, this is the only bull I spotted at the show. Get to interact with the couple behind this too is a plus!



TOP TEN TOY OF 2022: #4. Linkin Park's ReAnimation Funko
EDWARD LOW: As a Linkin Park's supporter for over 20 years, this is a must have since I already got the Hybrid Theory version. Unfortunately the band is not releasing Meteora version to celebrate 20th Anniversary of the album being released.



TOP TEN TOY OF 2022: #3. Daniel Yu's Jiangshi Acolyte (Blank Resin)
EDWARD LOW: Ever since I know Daniel in Singapore & started collecting his blank resin figures (more affordable option for me). I have most of his characters but never get to own the iconic Jiangshi Acolyte. He has been telling me will cast more in the future whenever I mention that I need 1 in my collection. He finally did it during his solo exhibition, Altered Realities: A Jiangshi Introspection at Blaxk last year.



TOP TEN TOY OF 2022: #2. JiangShit
EDWARD LOW: I released 3 versions of BullShit in 2022 & this is my favourite. This was actually inspired by Daniel's solo exhibition & as usual trying to play with pun, hence the name JiangShit. Considering to do another version this year.



TOP TEN TOY OF 2022: #1. Lance by Buddy Gator
EDWARD LOW: Sometimes, some toy just meant to be. Buddy Gator released a series of vinyl toys based on their comic characters. Although most of the attention went to the main character, Gator. Mine goes to Lance, mainly because of the numbers on his jersey. Although the creator just wrote the number randomly when drawing the comic, but it is special for me.


FIRST DESIGNER TOY PURCHASE OF 2023



EDWARD LOW: My first toy in 2023 will be this one of the Robots by Karen handmade. Got it at a craft market in KL on first day of 2023. Karen's creation somehow just stands out among other food & craft booth at the venue.



EDWARD LOW'S TOP TEN TOY LISTS ON TOYSREVIL:
TOP TEN TOYS OF 2021
TOP TEN TOYS OF 2020
#TOPTENTOYSOF2019
#TOPTENTOYSOF2018
#TOPTENTOYSOF2017
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK