Issac Tang's TOP TEN TOYS OF 2022



This is the 5th year Issac Tang (Instagram @isaac_t88) is joining us and sharing with us his TOP TEN TOYS! I'd also asked the Hong Kong-based marketer, toy collector, and fan of To-Fu Oyako WHAT WAS HIS FIRST TOY OF 2023 too!



ISSAC TANG: My First toy in 2023 that purchased by myself is Mr. To-Fu - Playboy x Devilrobots x ZCWO (Image on Instagram). To-Fu plays a thank role of Hugh Hefner (the founder of Playboy) with a signature sofa, sitting pose and cigarette. I was so excited when I met this prototype in Jul 2022 (Animation-Comic-Game Hong Kong).







TOP TEN TOY OF 2022: #10 TMNT By RealxHead x Unbox Industries
(Image on Instagram)

ISSAC TANG: Turtle Ninja is one of my favourite childhood memories. Redesigned by RXH and produced by Unbox Industries. Is a must buy item to TMNT's fans.



TOP TEN TOY OF 2022: #9 Tiger UAMOU
(Image on Instagram)

ISSAC TANG: Uamou is one of my favourite designer toys. 2022 is the year of tiger. Designer "dressed up" Uamou to a tiger as well.



TOP TEN TOY OF 2022: #8 Be@rbrick - Sorayama×2G Pink Gold Ver.
(Image on Instagram)

ISSAC TANG: My favourite colour is Pink. Sorayama's signature chrome + Pink colour on a BE@RBRICK. That's the reason to take my money.



TOP TEN TOY OF 2022: #7 Little Red Riding Hood - Petit RIBONchan House by Meruchen Rieko
(Image on Instagram)

ISSAC TANG: Designer brought a fairy tale beautiful world in a real world.



TOP TEN TOY OF 2022: #6 XL Chubbi Chunk Pink Edition by Jim Dreams x Unbox Industries
(Image on Instagram)

ISSAC TANG: Again my favourite colour is Pink. XL is a giant size figure. I believe this cutest chubbi has a comforting effect.



TOP TEN TOY OF 2022: #5 Flower Go Walk
(Image on Instagram)

ISSAC TANG: Takashi Murakami's flower has become a game like Tamagotchi! It brings me back to my childhood memory.



TOP TEN TOY OF 2022: #4 Kubrick To-Fu Oyako 400% (Devilrobots 25th Anniversary)
(Image on Instagram)

ISSAC TANG: My favourite character is To-Fu Oyako, no doubt! This version turned the original sad face to happier face. And the structure of the body is better than the previous ver. as well.



TOP TEN TOY OF 2022: #3 Mazinger Z x Devilmix
(Image on Instagram)

ISSAC TANG: Devilmix is Devilrobots x Nachu (who normally produces handmade soft dolls). Devilmix turns a man's romance to the cutest To-Fu ❤️



TOP TEN TOY OF 2022: #2 Wooden To-Fu Head
(Image on Instagram)

ISSAC TANG: These heads exhibited at "Devilrobots 10th Anniversary" Exhibition (Tokyo 2007). It has 5 versions: 2 colour x 2 faces (happy and sad), and 1 special edition. (For a) total 30pcs. I'm so lucky to have some of them in 2022 although the price is 🥶

TOP TEN TOY OF 2022: #1 Merlion To-Fu Sofvi (Style C)

ISSAC TANG: I have never been to Singapore.
My first impression to Singapore is... 1. To-Fu Oyako, 2. Merlion, 3. Jerky.
Singapore used to have many to-fu's figures and other merchandises. So my first thought to SG is To-Fu Oyako.
The artist (Shin San) matched To-Fu and Merlion perfectly. It doesn't have any incompatible feeling (although I have not received the art piece yet. Waiting for the shipping 💗).





ISSAC TANG'S TOP TEN TOY LISTS ON TOYSREVIL:
#TOPTENTOYSOF2021
TOP TEN TOYS OF 2020
#TOPTENTOYSOF2019
#TOPTENTOYSOF2018
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK