Custom-Showcase: Dem Bonez by Rsin Art

"Seen is a legend when it comes to not only graffiti but art.  I have been a fan for a long time, and have met in the past up in NYC, got a lot of respect for him.  So with the piece and its oddly bent shape from the get go I knew I was going to have to take it apart and straighten it up.  As I was doing so, I started to mess around with the pieces in different places.  When I had it set up how it is, it reminded me of this crown on the skull head.  "

Dem Bonez

"Seeing as Seen is a king of sorts I felt it perfect.  Paint on the piece didn't matter as much as the overall look of the sculpt.  I wanted to keep it simple but at the same time wanted some contrast.  Overall I think the piece is awesome, and kinda hoping this one don't sell so it can join my collection lol.  Feels like an award of some sort when your holding it! "

Words from Rsin Art describing his awesomely intense work on the form, as completed for the Dem Bonez: The Reconstruction show at Zakka happening March 25th [blogged]. Check out more of his work on Fllckr.
ARTIST-DESCRIPTION: I started painting about 4 years ago, self taught.  Quickly fell in love with customizing toys and the freedom I had to create these things I dreamt about.  Since then I have developed my style by mixing little monster designs with a Dia De Los Muertos feel, something I call the Dead Whispers. I still paint canvas and work on my own sculpture designs, while continuing to grow each day as an artist.  In the end I just love making toys, and am honored that so many people have shared in the past 4 years by allowing me to do so.

 
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK