Celebrating a Birthday

kaijutoys srarwarstoys

I'd wanted to exclaim "I played blog-hooky today!" but alas that was only a wishful half-truth. True, the intention not to blog for a day - had crossed my mind, but in reality, there were loads to be done - and funnily enough, today was a day I had actually felt slightly … overwhelmed … launching and managing a silent auction, wrapping up a contest while re-jumping another one before submission wraps, and as well trying to sort out two more blog-contests to launch (one by November and another by early-2012), I realized I had gotten myself into quite a load of work needed to be done (oh how I wish I had a cute and hawt assistant/admin .. but yes I am riding on a dream-cloud again ;p).

Nevertheless, emails needed to be sent, images needed to be sorted (I am nowhere near half what needed to be done) … scarcely what I had expected to be doing on my birthday, much less so soon after Stroke last year. But perhaps it was precisely because of Stroke that has pushed me thus this far - to do what I had wanted to do, instead perhaps of being languishing in limbo-dreams when I was fit and healthy.

BIRTHDAY-NOVELS

Regardless of personal health, this year I had decided to really pamper myself -with treats of toys (shown above - scored over Sunday bruncheon - ironically stuff I never usually buy), and the (perhaps) over-indulgence of graphic novels in the afternoon today (my reading preferences are really obvious, isn't it?) after an unevenful visit to the doctor's earlier in the morning (Yes, yet another long Stroke-related story I will not bore y'all with here ;p). The feeling of guilt was perhaps a moment's flash, before I recognized the fact that I could actually read now - compared to a few months ago when I was unable to read fine print (due to my visuals being affected by Stroke = double-vision). So I binged. And you know what? I am happy. And that is a good feeling to be had, when celebrating a birth-day, isn't it?

I'm a sentimental man, given to dwelling in gusts of melancholy, and birthdays hasn't exactly been rah-rah events thru the years - but this year was a decent one. A simple one. A good one. And I am actually hesitant to see it end. Oh well, there is still next year!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK