Anime Festival Asia 2011: Day One - Set-up Day / Launch of Cool Japan Forum

In awaiting allocation of my booth at Anime Festival Asia (www) happening this weekend, I had actually dreamt of it the night before! In the dream, I was given a space and I knew instinctively the geography of the booth amongst the event hall - I had even had a chat with two plainclothes police-men about it (complicated dream, I know!)

AFA-HALL-ENTRANCE-02 AFA-LAYOUT
AFA-TOYSREVIL-BOOTH-LAYOUT

Today, I made my way to the event venue at Suntec City Events & Convention Hall 402-404, and finally determined my booth - which is to be situated along Artist's Alley, right next to the Anime Theater - and here's a layout plan to peep the geography (courtesy of Calvin who lent me the plan for a snap)! Fifth booth from the entrance, on the right-side - so better come say *HI*, y'all!

AFA-HALL-ENTRANCE-01
AFA-HALL-ENTRANCE-03 AFA-HALL-ENTRANCE-04

Here are some snaps of the entrance that will be greeting fans tomorrow when the convention hall doors open at 9am! And I have to warn you folks tho, the images of the ticketing counter at the ground floor at the main foyer of Suntec City was hella-packed with folks already waiting to score tix! Snaps were taken at a little past 11am and another past 12noon! Can't imagine what the actual day is going to be like >.<

AFA-2012-02

AFA'11 launched today November 11th with the Cool Japan Forum, as well as a concert scheduled for the night. And while I could not snap pics of the set-up in the festival grounds, I have to say -without any semblance of hyperbole - this is looking up to be one exciting event! The displays were pretty lush indeed, with loads of folks going whole-heartedly into displaying their goods, including Danny Choo's Mirai car at his booth - which was absolutely sweet (wish I snapped pics) - if he had ladies cosplaying Mirai-chan as Car Babes, then this would be an absolute WIN! Figurearts was just about setting-up their booth as I left, and as well Bandai had an intense amount of merchandize stacked up, and empty display booths waiting to be filled with goodness!

AFA-ARTIST-ALLEY

Most impressive of the lot seen today? The Artist Alley area. Petite-sized but decently provided with a table and two chairs, and a single spotlight for each two-paneled booth. The half-partitions were a surprising nice touch, and separates the space but does not segregate each other, IMHO. I'll know how effective it is when I go set-up tomorrow from 7am before the 9am launch! Wish me luck folks!

AFA-EXHIBITOR

Tis funny, as this time around I am an "Exhibitor" rather than "Media" (but of course I'll cover the event for you folks!) and that's an interesting premise indeed for yet another possible future of TOYSREVIL? :)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK