Mark Nagata for '12 Days of Xmas' (2012)

WHAT: With 12 days leading to Christmas Eve on December 24th (not counting the 21st, when it could be the "End of the World"), I asked 12 friends a series of 12 questions, and I received 12 different sets of answers which delighted me. I hope it delights you, dear readers! Day Six sees Mark Nagata of Max Toy Co helming TOYSREVIL's "12 Days of Xmas (2012)"!

QTN#1: Describe how 2012 has been for you, in one word. Ah heck, in twelve words!

MARK NAGATA: Crazy, Kaiju-filled, Travel, Busy, Non-Stop, Chocolate, Twitter, STGCC, Tokyo, Negora, Sofubi, Toys

QTN#2: What is the one thing folks might not know about you.

MARK NAGATA: Hmmm, well I manage the care of my 84 year old mother who has Alzheimer's. So that puts alot of the petty Toy Politics into perspective, I really can not be bothered by negative people. I'm about being positive and working on Fun projects with positive artists.

QTN#3: Describe to us yourself in three words.

MARK NAGATA: Focused, Dedicated, Pisces.

QTN#4: Draw a self-portrait.

MARK NAGATA:
Nagata-SELF_PORTRAIT_Dec2012

QTN#5: Share with us your most triumphant moment in 2012.

MARK NAGATA: I think for me attending STGCC and nearly selling out of our toy stock on the first day. My family and I had no idea the wonderful reception we received from the fans in Singapore.

NAGATA-STGCC-01 NAGATA-STGCC-02

QTN#6: Share with us your most embarrassing facepalm moment in 2012.

MARK NAGATA: Getting lost in the Tokyo subway station late at night after they closed the entrance I would exit thru. I think I wandered around for 30 minutes only to realize I could still exit thru that exit by going around the darn sign ... d-oh !

QTN#7: Which is your single most favorite non-toy-related website in 2012.

MARK NAGATA: Non toy related? Oh thats tough ... I guess that would be www.comicartfans.com, I also collect comic book art work.

NAGATA-COMICS
(Images of vintage comics via Mark's Instagram @maxtoyco)

QTN#8: Better to Tweet It, or Instagram It?

MARK NAGATA: I still favor Tweeting it, but Instagram is a close second.

QTN#9: 'Star Wars or Star Trek'?

MARK NAGATA: I'd pick Star Wars. I saw Star Wars 14 times back in 1977. And yes we had to wait in long lines and had no ipods, cell phones, internets to entertain us while we waited hours in line.

QTN#10: What is your most favorite toy or piece of art you've seen in 2012?

MARK NAGATA: Oh tough one, well my favorite has to be the Golden Gaia Buddha by artist Budi Negroho. If I could afford it I'd have him make one 50 feet tall ;-) for my backyard !

NAGATA-BUDDHA

QTN#11: What should folks look out from you in 2013?

MARK NAGATA: For shows, early February 2013 I'll be in Tokyo with Todd MechaVirus Robertson for a custom Negora show at OneUp store. Plus we'll be attending Japan's Winter Wonderfest show at the Max Toy table. July another to be announced show in Tokyo and also SDCC. In October we have Toy Karma 4 at Rotofugi. There's a couple of other events that are still in the planning stages, but for the most part I am fully booked for 2013. On the toy front, we have a ton of Max Toy / Monster Boogie figures that will be coming out. Oh and also Kaiju Soap .. thats all I say for now on that one  ;-)

NAGATA-CAT-AVENGERS
(Cat Avengers for Negora Show @ OneUp)

QTN#12: What are you most looking forward to in 2013?

MARK NAGATA: Maybe sleeping more! Actually I'm looking forward to returning to Tokyo and of course Chicago later in the year .. and hopefully returning to Singapore again!

**Check out more of Mark Nagata at www.maxtoyco.com / http://instagram.com/maxtoyco / twitter: @maxtoyco

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK