TOYSREVIL Turns Eight

The TOYSREVIL-Blog turns 8 years old this exact moment, with the first post published in 2005. It was over a year of personal angst, whining "and meandering random thoughts" on this personal weblog, before I decided to go head-first into all-toy-bloggery, until this incarnation you are reading today!

BIRTHDAY_TRE

This year's "blog-birthday" is seeing a decidedly "subtle" celebration (even if I am the only one celebrating it LOL), with everyone busy with promoting themselves and their own work, blogs like mine are regulated to "bulletin board" status (it is something I abhor becoming actually). But nevertheless, I also need to keep myself "interested" in continuing forth, so I create my own content, simply so that I can enjoy myself while I'm at it! LOL

A confession: I had wanted to close this blog, over two years ago.

Waking up in hospital bed, the night after I had been admitted for Stroke, one of the first things that popped into my mind, was how to take care of the blog, which thinking back, was pretty "ludicrous", compared to my inability to walk, move half of my limbs, hell, even to swallow food.

I was unable to speak properly nor clearly in the beginning days in the Acute Stroke Ward, and when I did recover sufficiently enough, I gave my sister the password for the blog, and my Facebook, for her to explain to readers the reason for the lapse in bloggery then.

Over two years on, I am recovering still, regaining my independence, and well enough to whine on more here (heh), and yes, my rapidly expanding body-girth is proof that I can now "eat" MUAHAHAHAAHAHA

But I am not implying that the blog has been a hinderance, NO! In fact, it helped me greatly, as it provided me a decent distraction for me rather than constantly thinking about being a victim to Stroke, actually. And the support and funds from well-meaning folks truly gave me the strength to carry on bloggery.

I am a stubborn man, I admit, but most times I think I am not (enough) a strong-willed man, so going at it by my lonesome (of course with the support of my immediate family), it would not have been "enough" … It was the blog which helped me divert my dire focus, and concentrated instead on what mattered. And without a doubt, people I had met and known because of my blog, which spurred me on, and I am sincerely thankful for that, for YOU.

And ESPECIALLY for folks who had actually stuck with me thru the years - I humbly thank you.

And over two years on from surviving Stroke, the blog matters more to me personally now, than it did in 2005. In a warped way, the blog has now become an extension of me, which I no longer deny, and intend to embrace it with abandonment! MUAHAHAHAHAHA

So rather than seeing it languish into obscurity and irrelevance, I would prefer to bid a "respectful" early "goodbye" to it, methinks. (Or maybe that's the reason why I am still "single" at my age hhmmm ;p) … Or maybe one day soon, it would revert back into a personal-blog for me?

Be that as it may, the day that that happens, would be the day of the blog's birthday/birthdate (I am a sucker for time lines like this lol). Nothing overly dramatic here, I insist, and neither is this a "possible future" I am planning in advance for ... and I have nevertheless since decided to give it another year of bloggery, so until the TOYSREVIL-blog turns 9, stay tuned and stay reading, folks!

As well, "8" is a prosperous number to the Chinese, and perhaps that will ring true for 2013? YAY!

Cheers, and thank you for reading :)
Andy Heng
TOYSREVIL
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK