"Travel" Sketches by Gary Baseman


So Gary Baseman has been touring (part of) the East just last week - from Taiwan to Hong Kong to Jakarta to The Philippines - and this was what he drew in his sketchbook (and posted on his Facebook) while being inspired at a restaurant in HK, at the restaurant itself apparently … nothing like being inspired by one's surroundings, and being being able to put pen/pencil-to-canvas on the spot, IMHO. And I truly love the 'romantic' notion of sketching while you travel :)
"I was crazy inspired at Dim Sum at City Hall Maxim's Palace Dim Sum in Hong Kong yesterday. While I ate, I drew. The more I drew, the more the waitresses gathered around me and laughed & commented on my drawing…" -mentioned Gary.
There were other sketches too:

Above Sketch in Taiwan.

Above Sketch in Jakarta (over Bakso & Satay).

Above Sketch in The Philippines.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK