"Submarine Sandwich" by PES on Kickstarter


Let me preface this with a distinct disclaimer that I am highly biased towards the work of PES. Long since a previous lifetime (some netizens might remember it as "Multiply"), while I was neck-deep in the media industry - when "toys" begun to take a hold of my consciousness - PES' animations held my mind at bay. The sheer concepts revolving around pop / geek culture, heightened with the mundane everyday, all via the visual magic of stop motion animation, had my imaginations enthralled (many of them still viewable on his YouTube Channel.

And in many ways, he was a "bridge" for me, and a living, practicing artist doing what I believed in then, and now still = the connection between visual arts, technology and of the spirit of - which I now can only describe as "low brow" aesthetic and a variation of kitsch+geek culture.

He was a VISUAL GOD to me then … fast forward a decade or two ahead, he has started a Kickstarter for his latest short film; "Submarine Sandwich".

"Hi I’m PES! I want to talk to you about my new film… Submarine Sandwich!

It’s the third installment of my stop-motion cooking series. The first, Western Spaghetti, was voted Time Magazine's #2 Internet Video of 2008. The second, Fresh Guacamole, is the shortest film ever nominated for an Oscar. Now it's time for Submarine Sandwich and I need your help to make it a reality!"
-mentioned PES.
(Shown above is a collectible made by Pretty In Plastic, as one the rewards for backing the Kickstarter = Awesomesauce!).
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK