#pageflip PLAYGROUND Issue 67 (18.12.2003)


WHAT-IS: Back in the early 2000s, "Playground" was a supplement to MiLK magazine in Hong Kong, whereby the contents were primarily of the toy-scene in HK! And even my command of the Chinese language was horrible, I collected these issue religiously! All I needed to know (then) was “How Much”? “How Many?” and “When”, and of course by designed-by/made-by “WHO”! Here is a page-flip video of one such (random) issue.

You can view MORE such videos via this tag, and I hope to upload-n-post once per week (on Thursdays for "Throwback Thursday", geddit? :p).

And while I'd oft go on about the lack of "military"-themed 1/6th figures in my collection "back in the day", I had always had a soft spot specifically for S.W.A.T. in 1/6th! And while I had longed for THIS particular release from Hot Toys, it was out of my financial reach, but instead I had a bountiful harvest with BBI / #BlueBoxToys, and even kitbashed with #TheUltimateSoldier / #21stCenturyToy gear and accessories! What can I say? I have a weakness for uniformed men in Black armor vests .... in 1/6th scale! LoL Somewhere in my storage boxed-hoard is a squad o both make and female operators, with names, call-signs and characters (*That's how I enjoyed my play then, in the early 2000s). This is my #toylife, and this is a page-snap from PLAYGROUND Issue #67, dated 2003. Check out the #pageflip video #onTOYSREVIL: http://bit.ly/2mfrtyT #throwbackthursday

A post shared by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on


The one and only time (so far) I was in Hong Kong, was back in 2004, for a whirlwind week of toy-shopping, with my toy buddy Marc (who just got married! CONGRATS!) ... and I remember seeing these figures when I visited #MichaelLau's SIX Gallery, and very nearly missed them (plus two more), instead spotting them on top of the shelf behind the payment counter, and proceeded to borrow Marc's credit card to buy these guys (I had run out of $$$ then LOL). Over a decade later, after spending 3K-5K (I honestly forgot how much), only these guys are the most memorable and longest lasting purchases wirth remembering, IMHO. This is my #toylife, and this is a page-snap from PLAYGROUND Issue #67, dated 2003. Check out the #pageflip video #onTOYSREVIL: http://bit.ly/2mfrtyT #throwbackthursday

A post shared by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on





Do you recognise any of the toys featured in these pages?
Do you own any of the toys featured in these pages? :)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK