"JAX & BENNY" - Bruckaroni's Custom Ellie and the Jellyfish Princess


David "Bruckaroni" Bruck shares with us images and words for his custom-Ellie, set to debut at Oct 12th launch at Woot Bear for "Ellie the Jellyfish Princess Custom Show", which he has since dubbed; "JAX AND BENNY"!

"Anyways for my take on the figure I created Jax and Benny. Jax and Benny embody the sheer joy of being a child and a lot of my personal interests.The last few years I have been very inspired by children's clothing and Jax is wearing a t-shirt of one of my designs. I also love toys of yesteryear and immediately thought this figure would make the perfect kiddie ride. I was given a good amount of notice for this show and so I decided to challenge myself with this piece and add motion and really nail down the wind up aspect of my brand." (Insta @bruckaroni)
"While initially trying to figure out battery powered movement (which I almost had!) I ended up going with a hand crank for more of a throwback feel. My logo which is a classic wind up key in the shape of the letter B was 3d printed and cast in silver allowing me to make this piece a functioning, branded wind up toy! It plays the song "You Are My Sunshine" and I couldn't be more pumped with how that turned out! I wanted a very specific base for this figure and knew the only way I could get it is to try my hand at some wood working. I decided to challenge myself and figure out how to do that as well for this figure. This figure ended up being the most challenging, rewarding, and BIGGEST toy I have made to date and I'm excited to share it with you!" (Facebook)

Jax and Benny are 15" H x 9"L x 6" W (minus the hand crank). They are a mixture of Super Sculpey, Wood, Metal, and Acrylic Paint. They will be available this Saturday as part of the show at Woot Bear and are priced at US$725. bruckaroni.com.

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK