#TopTenToysof2019 by Hanung


And while I've bumped into the man at different shows, it was actually at Culture Cartel last year where we stood in front of the "train" mural and chat about TOYS under the sun = a time and happenstance I personally cherish and appreciate. I don't get to talk much about toys much (sure I blog about toys, but...) with folks face-to-face, and I miss that. Heck, most of the time I bug peeps to look into their bag(s) to see what they scored?! *I should make this into a postable-thing, innit? :p

And I KNEW I had to bug Hanung for this TOP TEN TOYS OF 2019-list! Read-ON!


#10: Spongebob Satoshi by Dehara x Unbox Industries (Pix on Instagram)
HANUNG SAYS: My one and only Dehara piece. Not really a fan of both Dehara and Spongebob tho, but they really pulled it off!


#9: Mushkin by Mr Kreme and Wee Toys Gallery (Pix on Instagram)
HANUNG SAYS: Really grows on me after I see it on the 2nd time.


#8: Labubu Mini Monsters Series 2 "Where The Wild Things Are" chase (Pix on Instagram)
HANUNG SAYS: The only reason that I bought the whole case, and scored!

TOYSREVIL: Can you share with us, who you are and what you do?

@hanunxx: I'm Hanung (IG @hanunxx) and I'm the creative director of Precious Junkz (IG @preciousjunkz)

TOYSREVIL: How long have you been buying (collectible) toys?

@hanunxx: Been buying toys most of my life on and off, but I think it was in late 2014 or early 2015 I saw a Zaku robot made by ThreeA, and impulsively bought it. Big mistake, lol. I guess it all started from there where I can say I "officially" started collecting designer toys.


#7: Micro Wildhunts by Science Patrol (Pix on Instagram)
HANUNG SAYS: Been a big fan of skulls, and this one is too hard to resist. Bought a dozen at TTF and always carry them everywhere!


#6: Kuncat by Anatoy (Pix on Instagram)
HANUNG SAYS: My top priority at 2019 SGCC, been waiting for it since Anatoy post it the first time.


#5: Fighter X Reboot by Fig.lab (Pix on Instagram)
HANUNG SAYS: So stoked to finally see Don's very own sofubi line up. It's always great to see your friends keeping it real.

TOYSREVIL: Where do you normally purchase your toys? Online? Offline from Stores? Events? Which do you prefer? And why?

@hanunxx: Pretty much everywhere, online, friends, forums and events. I prefer events coz I love meeting up with the designers directly.

TOYSREVIL: Do you have “toy-grails”? And did you manage to score a “toy-grail” this year (2019)?

@hanunxx: Grails? Let me think...would you consider wishlist as grails? If so, there is Gojimomo (Kasing Lung) and some of the Jiangshi acolytes (Daniel Yu) colorways that I haven't got.

TOYSREVIL: Any particular focus or toy-aims this year (2020)? Starting any new line?

@hanunxx: I mainly collect Jiangshi Acolytes and Zeta (Quiccs) now, so nothing particular aside from those 2, I just buy what I like (and I can afford).


#4: Jiangshi Acolytes SSF '17 by Unbox Industries
HANUNG SAYS: Deffo Unbox's best colorway.


#3: Canbot "Lil Qwiky" by Czee art, Clutter Magazine and Quiccs (Pix on Instagram)
HANUNG SAYS: A personal gift from Quiccs when he was in Jakarta last December.


#2: NOZILLA by Noger Chen and Kenneth Tang (Pix on Instagram)
HANUNG SAYS: Godzilla dressed up as a 90s kid, what's not to love?


#1: John Kenn Mortensen set (The Witch, The Vampyres and The Nameless Beast) by Unbox Industries
HANUNG SAYS: Do you know when you see something you like and you have that "gotta have it" feeling? Yeah this set tops it all :)

TOYSREVIL: Do you belong to any particular or dedicated toy-groups (online or offline)? Do you have “toy-buying buddies”?

@hanunxx: There's a local sofubi collector group (SOFUBINDO) and an unofficial ThreeA collector group in Indonesia.

Toy buddies? Yes there's some guys that I normally go to events with regularly. There's like 3-4 of them.

TOYSREVIL: “Toy Buying these days is a solitary affair” = Do you agree with this? How do you feel about this?

@hanunxx: Not really, the more the merrier.

TOYSREVIL: Where can people go to see your collection?

@hanunxx: Pretty much I post some of them on my IG @hanunxx

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK