bart qee custom by david lanham

TOYSREVIL: what's the name of your custom?

DAVID LANHAM: The Perils of Diving


/// READ MORE HERE

TRE: how did the Bart Qee custom gig come about?

DL: I got the invite through Strangekiss which has been selling my prints for a few months.

TRE: how did your custom concept about? what were your influences?

DL: I started out with some various sketches, one was a freakish baby bird (which is where the shut eyes came from) and then there were some zombie ideas as well. They all sort of mashed up and played around together some while I was painting it and the whole thing ended up going under water and attacked by octopi.


TRE: you say "zombie" and my cyber-eyes lit up LOL ... are you a Simpsons-fan?

DL: I've always loved the Simpsons, though I was too young when it first aired and wasn't allowed to watch it. I've caught up with it now though and I think under the dysfunctionality of it there are some really deep thoughts and stories.

TRE: do you think Bart is a pain-in-da-ass or is he misunderstood?

DL: Despite his cruel streaks, I think Bart is just trying to find his way in the world.

TRE: aren't we all? ... if you were a Simpsons-character, who would you wanna be and why?

DL: Oh, I think I'd enjoy being Kang (the green space alien guy), he gets to explore space and make fun of other civilizations.


TRE: why do you think the Simpsons-character skin is yellow?

DL: I'm really not sure other than for pure simplicity, but I found out that bart looks really freaky with pale skin when I painted my toy!

TRE: eeeewwwww! LOL - thanks for the time and trouble, David and in closing, could you share with us: WHO IS DAVID LANHAM?

DAVID LANHAM:I've always been doodling strange things on paper and after a proper education my doodling skills have improved enough for me to have my own website, dlanham.com/. I always work at The Iconfactory during the day, making all sorts of icons for all sorts of software.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK