seen@uup/vtn 2007: nicebunny

seen@urbanundergroundproject: NICEBUNNY

i had a chat with Brian Castleforte [interviewed] about his reactions
and opinions to VinylToyNetwork's Urban Underground Project
[tagged] held during the SDCC-period = CLICK HERE TO READ


TOYSREVIL: did you enjoy the VTN? anything you liked and/or hated?

NICEBUNNY: I enjoyed the show very much. I met a lot of wonderful people there. Met some fans and made some new ones. Some of the other artists and vendors are just incredible people. I finally met Sticky Rick in person. He is such a cool cat. Ronnie & Merryl of Mechanized. Talented artists, Christopher LeeLuke FeldmanN.C. Winters & Andrew Bell, Cognito of Frolab and SpaceCrabs! And of course, the wonderful Rich and Deborah of WheatyWheat, and the great guys at 3D Retro, Ben, Gene and Vlad.

TRE: how was fan reaction to NICEBUNNY's products?

It was great! I had all of my paper toys on display, and people really took to them. I also got a bunch of super talented guys to sign on to doing a custom HedKase toy! So I'll get that under way asap. I can't wait to see what we get!

TRE: can't wait to see that custom-Hedkase too LOL - and i see from your pics, you had on display a supersized-Hedkase!

NB: HA! Yeah, that's my big little bunny! He was fun to build. I think I might have to make a few more big toys like that, for my show. Then maybe auction them off or give them as prizes or something.



TRE: sounds like a plan! ... did you manage to go to SDCC at all? how was it?

NB: I only made it over for about an hour, but it was pretty crazy. Tons of cool stuff to see. Most of which I missed. :(

TRE: how would you compare that to UUP/VTN?

NB: One was huge, the other small, one was crazy, the other was cool, one was commercial, one was underground. They were both pretty great, just different. But if I had to pick one, I'd go with VTN every time. Just my taste.

TRE: how would you 'improve' on the UUP/VTN next year? (if need be)

NB: Well, it was their first time in San Diego, so it was new to most. I think with some better advertising, it would be awesome. It just needed some more vendors, artists and guests. But I know that the next VTN in Pasadena this December is slated to be huge. So I suspect it will  just keep growing and
next years SD show will as well.



TOYSREVIL: cheers for your time, Brian! in closing, anything else you'd like to add?

NICEBUNNY: Hope to see you all at the December show!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK