angrywoebots @ split obssession (jan 26)

PRESS RELEASE:
Split Obsession is excited to announce artist Aaron Martin aka Angry Woebot to Split Obsession! The show will have the release of his new limited edition print and tshirt (both limited to 100 units each). Opening reception will be on Saturday January 26th from 5pm-8pm. Customers will be able to purchase the print and tshirt at this time. Prints and tshirts will also be available through splitobsession.com.  Aaron will be available to chat, sketch, and sign at the reception for his loyal group of fans! ... meanwhile, click HERE to read more about Aaron Martin. (cheers for the headsup, Erica)
Split Obsession
7192 Kalanianaole Hwy, D-100
Honolulu, HI 96825
808-395-3380"
ABOUT ARTIST: ANGRY WOEBOT
Hawaii based artist Aaron Martin has created a niche for himself in the very difficult art world.  When he was 11, his family moved to the West Coast from Oahu. "There is no place in the islands for graffiti, so if I hadn't moved, I would probably not have been doing it."

Aaron was exposed to graffiti as art at an early age. "I was in first grade, and my friend had found a book in the library called 'Spray Can Art' by Henry Chalfant and James Prigroff." The book introduced him to his favorite artist, Mode2 from France. "I spent nights copying his art right from the book."

He started out on the streets as a tagger, but became serious about the art, focusing on characters. "I don't consider myself a graffiti artist, but it definitely inspired me. I move within the urban art scene," he said.

Then came a near-fatal car accident that left him bedridden for more than a year. "I almost lost all function in my left wrist," he said. The recovery process took him to Seattle, where he took up with the tight-knit art community.
He began to dabble in ceramics, wire sculpture, wood, clay, painting, even sewing plush figures and costumes. "It felt like a calling. ...


"I never called myself a graffiti artist. I am too attached to my paintings. I don't want them to be defaced or vandalized."

The artist is a part of Pocket Full of Monsters, a collective of friends in cities from New York City to San Francisco who keep in touch on the Internet.

The artists inspire each other to continue to do what they love, Martin said. "There are no boundaries when it comes to dreams. I live with no regrets, because I feel that everyone has to walk the gauntlet to feel pain, love and loss. It's what you go through that makes everything fall into place."
Please look at his blog bio and recent new Woebot merchandise.  
http://armyofsnipers.blogspot.com/search/label/AngstWoes-PFOMonsters%20crew
http://www.subtextstore.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/angry%20woebot/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nw6Tu0tYhM
http://www.myspace.com/fuckcute
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK