jim woodring's the museum of love and mystery book, and pupshaw & pushpaw dolls

"THE MUSEUM OF LOVE AND MYSTERY" is a new 26-page picture board book by Presspop featuring the exceptional artwork of Jim Woodring - recently released on May 23rd @ 1,890YEN [www] - featuring 13 new colorful Frank drawings by Jim and a front cover with GLOW-IN-THE-DARK printing. What is also cool about the book, is what's contained within = a coupon/ticket for ordering a pair of large PUPSHAW and PUSHPAW Dolls!

Skullbrain-boardie "keiboba" (who has apparently procured the book) mentions they are priced at (US?)$600 with Pupshaw standing 14-inches and Pushpaw towering over at approx 19-inches tall [info] - no indication of release-date / quantity / availability thus far - will def update if and when I have any info ... meanwhile CLICK THRU for a bit more about the Book, and of coz a tinge of my incessant reminiscing and declaration of Woodring-admiration :p



[images via Presspop]

""With THE MUSEUM OF LOVE AND MYSTERY I realized my longstanding desire to create a sort of souvenir album of Frank's visit to the free-form amusement park that exists on the outskirts of his country of origin, the Unifactor. Each drawing depicts Frank, usually accompanied by Pupshaw and Pushpaw, enjoying a specialized exhibit, ride or activity provided by the unseen agency that controls his world.

Viewers will see him trying his skill at highly specialized versions of midway games, visiting strange sea creatures in an underwater exhibit, travelling through a crazily ornate dark ride and experiencing a total breakdown of reality in the "Skuuvuunuum"
[read more of what Jim has to say on the Presspop-blog]



Now, I truly love Jim Woodring's work, and some of his graphic novels, comicbooks and DVD are the pride of my humble collection. As are a small but treasured collection of toys, most notably the Frank Toys Boxed Set (TRE's Top 6th Vinyl of 2006, no less) as well as a set of Imperial Newts capsule figures from '03 (like I mentioned, "small" - wish I had more). My memory of missed multiple Dorbels in HongKong many years ago still haunt me (I had them in my grubby hands, but alas my primary focus then was on 1/6th) and this "sudden" news about the pair of figures intrigued and excited me very much so, as much as Pupshaw and Pushpaw are the pair'o teh coolest non-cats around, IMHO :)


[above image-right: background featuring print from BamPop's Volume 3 Collection here]
... and one day I will have my giant Pupshaw, ONE DAY!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK