koibito by yoskay yamamoto x munky king

KOIBITO-1

Fresh from his recent "The Upside of Down" solo artshow @ project:gallery, LA-based Japanese artist Yoskay Yamamoto drops some info and images about his KOIBITO figure (formerly known as "FISH HEAD") - featuring a trio of colorways (above-l-r): project:gallery Edition (White + Silver), Standard Edition (White + Red) and Munky King Edition (Black + Gold) - including a note that there will be a limited colorway @ SDCC.

Produced by Munky King, neither quantity / price / release-dates are determined at this time (darn but the BlackxGold looks uber-cool, IMHO) - meanwhile, CLICK THRU for more Koibito-images.
(Note: some images have been white-balanced by me, so any inaccuracy of product colors show here is my bad :p)


Says Yoksay [on MK]:

"Once upon a time I had a goldfish named Tuna. But he passed away because of my laziness and mistreatment.... So I painted him for his memory.......

But at same time Koibito symbolizes the sense of alienation that I felt growing up in Cali.....It''s kind of like the phrase " fish out of water".... I felt and still feel like I don't completely fit in my environment......both in Japan and the US......"


[above info and images via Yoskay's blog]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK