2008-WRAP-UP WITH TRE: TIM TSUI

TOYSREVIL: Please introduce yourself to the TRE-readers - Who you are and what you do!

TIM TSUI: Tim Tsui [www/blog] - figure artist and illustrator. Always ready to present my style and share what I love with my fans and supporters. I always try my best to combine both art and trendiness into a figure; to make the figure more fashionable and playable. Right now I'm planning to make something that is more a "pure" art figure - BUT - just planning, there is no schedule yet HAHAAA. Hope I can make it happen someday!!

TOYSREVIL: You KNOW I was going to bug you for details, right? LOL - How has 2008 been to you, Tim? Good or Bad?

[CLICK THRU FOR TIM'S ANSWER & MORE]

TIM TSUI: 2008 has been a wonderful year for me. I had a touring exhibition that went to London, Paris and USA. Also I had gone to Taiwan and San Diego for toyshows and conventions, and had a chance to meet so many of my fans and supporters! I had the opportunity to thank each and every one of them, and listen to their feedback. They had given me soooo much fun, care, energy and power to help me move forward with my work!


TIM TSUI: Although I'm quite tired of traveling to so many place within a short span of a few months, I really hope I do it all over again soon. Also the next time around, if anyone wants to talk to me at future events - just come forward and say "hi"! My face might look serious but I'm actually quite talkative HAHAA! Just like my figures - they look fierce on the surface, but they are actually kind and credible.


TOYSREVIL: Dude, don't let me meet you at toyshows, I may just end up bugging you the entire time! LOL - and I'm waiting for you to come to Singapore for our toy & comic convention! What was the Best toy you bought in 2008? And which one was it you wished you hadn't bought? And why?

TIM TSUI: The Best Toy I just bought was Da Fighter - Lupus.Hope Flocked Secret version! It was sooo neat and the swarovski were so shiny and gorgeous under a spot light inside my display shelf! The texture of the flocking made the figure even moreso special in Tim Tsui's collection, since this is the very first flocked toy that he had made! I LOVE IT SO MUCH !!! And I plan to fight for my dreams and respect with this lupus at the coming year 2009 !!


TIM TSUI: After I had bought this one, I have no regrets in 2008!!! ... HAHAAA... so sorry for my self-promotion advertising-filled-mind !!! :p

TOYSREVIL: HEY! That's what I would say if I had me a Lupus.Hope Flocked! kekekeke ... Recession? What recession? Is it affecting you folks in any way, or going to? Especially spending on toys! The dour mood is getting to me ... :(

TIM TSUI: Regarding Recession of Economy, I think the biggest affect on folks are the retail shops, and I've since heard from them that they are so worried about the economy. Also the cost of oil fuel, which is also a killer for all the shops, and I know some of them had even stopped buying and want to clear their inventory first.

For the art toy field - I hope all the shops will not close due to the recession of economy, since art toys had just become bigger and bigger in recent years, between 2007-2008 ... I hope all the bad suitation will be overcome soon.


TIM TSUI: For an Artist, Recession is not a problem, since I got talent from God and my parents, I will fully use them and create more things and artwork in the future to thank all my supporters! Although in 2009, maybe many things will slow down due to the global market, but this is a good time for me and all the artists to think more and have more time to make some nice artwork.

TOYSREVIL: More time to practice your Artist-Kung-Fu! With so many activities happening n your life, what would you consider to be a milestone you've achieved in 2008 thus far?

TIM TSUI: As I had mentioned, I had finished a touring exhibition in several countries, and this was what I had wanted to achieve in 2008.


TOYSREVIL: Cool. And if you were given a choice to remember just one single memory for 2008 (with everything else wiped clean and forgotten thereafters) - What would that memory be? ... And what would you rather forget?

TIM TSUI: I hope I could capture all the smiling faces of my fans and supporters - when they talk with me, and bought the things from me.

A lot of people had posed this question to me before: Why does Tim Tsui always stand at the booth to sell things? Why doesn't he hire an assistant to do that?" - I would like to tell all the guys - I really do enjoy seeing the smiles on everyone's faces when supporters and fans talk and buy figures from me! I like to see their happy faces when they get what they want - and this is one of the main element which toys should have!!


TOYSREVIL: Ah, yes - the "personal touch"! What are you looking forward to in 2009?

TIM TSUI: Of coz I'm looking forward to everything becoming well and better in 2009, with the economy turning special, and where people can become more cheerful and happy. In the past two months, I have seen so many sad faces along the streets, I really hope this mood will be overcome after the Christmas and New Year.

TOYSREVIL: What have you planned for the coming Christmas? And where will you be (and be doing) at the stroke of midnight 2009?

TIM TSUI: I will be spending my time with my family - I hope we can have a nice dinner together!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK