Yomek Piecemaker custom Mickey Mouse for Mickey Brand Halo @Times Square, Hong Kong (June 29)


CLICK THRU for a wee Q&A with the creator of the custom-Mickey Mouse ("Making-Of" video posted above) dubbed: "YOMIKEY" by French designer Michael / Yomek Piecemaker. Featuring a body-form associated more with Mickey's pet/friend Pluto, while retaining Mickey's classic-colors - Yomikey was completed for the upcoming Mickey Brand Halo show (by Disney Asia x 3-Mix) in Times Square, Hong Kong - for a June 29th-launch.

YOMIKEY-ON-TRE

TOYSREVIL: What was the concept of your creation?

YOMEK PIECEMAKER: I simply didn't have any concept of creation on that vinyl cast toy of Mickey Mouse .

I just received it the 15th and had to send it back on the 20th , so I had no time about too much thinking . But my first impression was "this body shape seems wrong to me" but the head was "I Luuuuuuuv it !!!" so after a few other ideas I went home to have a little rest and get strenght to start this emergency project . While I was cooking the idea came up to me : leave the body , only keep the head and build a totally new body shape.

And for this new body Shape I decided quickly to take the Stan shape , Stan is the dog of the Jean Spezial crew that you can see on many Jean Spezial creations (Throw-Up , Graffiti , tagging , painting , illustrations and now sculpture !!!). I wanted to make something totally different and something which show how different I want to be !!!


TOYSREVIL: And different it is! Is there a name for your custom?

YOMEK PIECEMAKER: Yomikey !!! A mix between my name and its name of course !!!

TOYSREVIL: What was the process you went thru building the custom? You sculpted the body?

YOMEK PIECEMAKER: I built the body all from scratch , all parts were created specially for it. I used a sculpting foam and resin to build it.

Editor' Note: View all behind-the-scenes images via Michael's facebook album]



TOYSREVIL: Are you happy with the result? What is your impression of your custom.

YOMEK PIECEMAKER: I had 4 days and nights to build it so i'm amazingly happy with it !!!

My impression is that I really made the difference from other custom versions !!! By now I already saw some other Mickey Mouse custom and everybody seems to have been able to create something very personal so I think many peoples must be happy with their own !!!


TOYSREVIL: Cool, Michael. In closing, please so share with TRE-readers, WHO IS YOMEK PIECEMAKER?

YOMEK PIECEMAKER: My name is Yomek. I just turn to 35 yesterday. I'm living in Paris, France.

Working as a free lance sculptor/set designer and painter in a stop-motion animation studio by now, now it's been 10 years since I started being professional , I have worked in the past for tv commercials , tv shows , cinema , toy prototyping and figure prototyping .

I have worked for many companies and I learned from all some new technics which gave me the opportunity to create my own by mixing all those technics to really fit to my way of doing it . I learned almost everything from myself , I'm a self made sculptor man !!!

I studied back in the days graphic design and illustration but wasn't enough confident on it to really make the difference and as I started building Japanese Resin Cast Kit (Garage Kit) almost 20years from now I decided to go further in that direction but didn't have any idea of how I shall process to build my own stuff . I took me many years of testing before I found how things works, which tools I might need ... many long painfull years I must admit .

I'm sculptor in my mind but you can see me as designer/illustrator/painter. I'm also a flatland BMX rider addict since I'm 28 , eh eh that's pretty old to start with but I like being different from mainstream people way of life so I must admit I'm pretty happy that difference. I'm riding like 10 to 20 hours a week in a Paris spot called Opera which is very famous worldwide , we had many important riders from US, Germany, England, Australia, Japan, Korea, Spain ... I hope I can keep on riding the much longer I can !!!

YOMIKEY-ON-TRE2
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK