SDCC-Release: Toy Tokyo-Exclusive POP Prolific Custom 1/6 for San Diego Comic Con 2010

Justin Volpe of POP Prolific sends exclusive first-look snaps of his custom 1/6-figures destined for San Diego Comic Con 2010 [tagged] available exclusively via Toy Tokyo's booth. Priced at US$195 per, each figure will come in an acrylic case and feature some artwork to wrap around the inside of the case. Have I mentioned there will only be 4 pieces of this figure? CLICK THRU for full-images of this stylish silent-warrior dubbed "Hollow Walker", along with a lil Q&A with Justin!
SDCC-POP-PROLIFIC

UPDATED Availability-Info [via]: Hollow Walker will be available for Pre-Order on Sunday July 18th @ 1:11am via www.shoplabel111.com with the disclaimer that Pick-Up only at SDCC! (*A special voucher will be emailed to the buyers and will be needed as proof of purchase. Present voucher along with an ID at Toy Tokyo Booth for pick-up at SDCC*)

SDCC-Hollow-Walker-01

Justin shares with TOYSREVIL: "The owner/operator for Toy Tokyo really likes our new stuff and asked us to come up with a "Toy Tokyo 10 Year Anniversary" inspired custom figure for SDCC this year. I designed an original Camo pattern, and made these Storm Shadow inspired customs from the fabric I had made. There are only 4 pieces made, and they'll be exclusive to SDCC. The head should look a little familiar. Each head is casted by me and hand painted. This will be the last time this head is used for a custom figure."

[FYI: The last we saw of Justin's work on TOYSREVIL was in 2007 which featured his 1/6 Cobra Commander figure]

SDCC-Hollow-Walker-02

TOYSREVIL: Who is The "Hollow Walker"? What's his story?

JUSTIN VOLPE: The man who came to be known as the Hollow Walker was originally the legendary "Hollow Warrior". A lethal man who, when seen in battle, was said to show no visible signs of emotion. He became a renown warlord. There was no knowledge, no accumulation of power, and no conquest of distant lands that could fill the massive hole that ate away inside him. After being rumored lost in battle in a far off ancient kingdom, his reign came to an end, and his empire transformed. They say he now wanders his route of conquest from one land to another, as an unrecognizable disfigured nomad. He accepted the name the Hollow Walker in secret acknowledgement for his previous life...

SDCC-Hollow-Walker-03

TOYSREVIL: Am really enjoying the fabric-pattern! Were the cloth designed and hand-dyed/hand-made?

JUSTIN VOLPE: I designed the pattern in Photoshop (I was inspired by the foliage I saw on my travels through Australia, and the local trees in my neighborhood in Brooklyn). I then printed the design on quilting weight cotton through a company called Spoonflower.

SDCC-Hollow-Walker-04

TOYSREVIL: How do you (as the creator) feel about this particular product? Please do share with us your impressions :)

JUSTIN VOLPE: I'm really excited about these pieces! I hope collectors of custom work get excited too. I put a lot of effort into creating this particular fabric pattern, and I'm really happy with how it translates to a 1/6 scale figure costume. On top of that, I don't think I've seen 1/6 ninja in camo. Not that one doesn't exist, I'm just not familiar with any. And I think this looks totally awesome! In the future I want to continue to make this style of custom figure, featuring original camo patterns and head sculpts.

TOYSREVIL: You know I'm looking forward to more of your creations, Justin, and I suspect there will be others like me very soon too, IMHO!

BOXED-HOLLOW-WALKER

ADDED: New image of complete figure with box. He comes with a metal sword and a length of ninja rope. The sheath that the sword slides into is wrapped in camo!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK