CLEA 2010 - CE Battle Artist Feature: ZAM from USA

ZAM-CLEA

Representing USA at the CE Battle happening next week for CLEA 2010 [www / tagged] In Bangkok, Thailand, is ZAM! [www / Facebook]. CLICK THRU for a Q&A-feature along with a sweet-selection of fine painted custom work Zam has done thus far. Seeya soon in Thailand, dude!

CEZAMfinish

TOYSREVIL: What was the genesis / design inspiration / concept of your chosen CE-design submission?

ZAM: My design inspiration for the contest was an EDO-ERA samurai fully armored.

ZAM-CE

TOYSREVIL: What is your "Plan Of Battle"?

ZAM: "Move Like Water"

ZAM-Painting1
ZAM-Painting2

TOYSREVIL: What are your design influences (as an artist)? How do you engage a custom toy / your process of work? What is your preferred or signature style of customization?

ZAM: My design influences are Tattoos, Japanese Folklore, Asian Pop Culture, Japanese wood block prints and Graffiti. My custom toys are always inspired by something in Asian culture. They take research and planning for the most part, but sometimes I just let it happen. My signature style is a clean polished airbrushed look with attention to detail and authenticity.

ZAM-painting3

TOYSREVIL: What are you looking forward to do in Thailand, and for CLEA?

ZAM: I am excited to represent my country in this competition and meet other artists with similar interests. I would love to do some research for future projects and visit some Ancient Temples.

GASHA-GIRL-DUNNY

TOYSREVIL: Share with us, who you are (name/nick)? And what's next to look out for from you?

ZAM: My name is Zam. I abandoned my birth name at age 11. I have alot planned in the near future. A few series of custom dunnys over the next year. I'll be participating in lots of group art shows. I've been doing a lot of sketches for my first production figure, a small resin run sometime in 2011. I've also been painting lots of custom dunnys to trade with other artists so I can feed my growing collection.


[4 x images in slideshow above of custom-Rumpus for Scribe/ Full-screen Viewing]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK