Comic-Con-Q&A with Linda Le aka Vampy (San Diego Comic Con 2010)

As a consummate cosplayer, U.S.-based Linda Le is well known in the community as "Vampy" [www], and very soon folks in toy culture will be seeing a lot more of Linda, what with her upcoming collaborations with toy designers! While I divulge not what goodies lay on the horizon, TOYSREVIL has the opportunity to share with you folks a little Q&A I had with Linda; about her experience and impressions for this year's San Diego Comic Con 2010 [tagged]!

CLICK THRU to read on, and CLICK for all-newss Linda-Le on TOYSREVIL!

VAMPY-GOES-SDCC
[See more of Vampy's adventures @ SDCC here ~ as created
by artist Long Vo, who also illustrated Vampy's pages in VENT]

TOYSREVIL: How many years since have you attended SDCC?

LINDA LE: I have been attending for a little over 10 years on and off. My first comic con was 1998, it was the first time I had the chance to go with my friends on a trip to socal. We all wanted to finally go to San Diego Comic con since we heard so much about how awesome it was. I made it a mission to meet a few of my favorite artists at the time or at least get an autograph. Some of them included John Broome who was the writer for DC, Naoko Takeuchi, who is insanely popular in the world of manga/anime, she's known for creating Sailor Moon, and Paul Smith comic book artist which titles include Uncanny Xmen (one of my absolute favorites!!!)

VAMPY-COMICBOOK
[Vampy comicbook-pages as seen in the anthology
artbook "VENT" published by UDON Entertainmment]

TOYSREVIL: What struck you the most about this year's SDCC, compared to previous years?

LINDA LE: Well every year it grows and grows! That's what I can tell you. There was a huge gap between the times I attended because I can say it has changed in a sense that you dont actually get the chance to walk up to your favorite writers, or artists nowadays just to have a chat. The more people, the less personal. But its still a fun event to attend but more crowded for sure.

VAMPY-STRET-FIGHTER

TOYSREVIL: What did you enjoy the most about this year's SDCC? What was your "Best Experience" at this year's Con?

LINDA LE: There were too many to be honest! I am such a fan girl of so many talented people and luckily I got to meet many of them. Some of which included Ono-san producer of Street Fighter 4 and producer Ryota Niitsuma of Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 ! They were so awesome, humble, kind, and funny! Ono-san is known for carrying around a Blanka toy and tweeting with his toy by his side all the time. (HAHA!) So dope, I'm a big game nut so being able meet them was almost unreal.

VAMPY-MORRIGAN
[Cosplayers L-R: Linda, Yaya Han, Alodia Gosiengfiao and Jan]

TOYSREVIL: What did you "enjoy" the least about this year's SDCC?

LINDA LE: Although the crowds of people were sometimes hard to pass through at times, I really can't complain. If i had to change one thing it would be that I could have gotten to meet Junko Mizuno during one of her signings . I am an OBSESSED fan, and I'm not kidding when I say fan, she's a huge inspiration to me and she has got to be one of my fav artists for many years. If you read this JUNKO, I LOVE YOU!

VAMPY-SDCC-2010

TOYSREVIL: What is your ultimate personal fav seen at this year's SDCC? What product/toy struck you / caught your attention the most?

LINDA LE: I actually got the chance to work with Kotobukiya this year and hands down their White Phoenix figure sold me. Although I did cosplay as White Phoenix, I actually liked the toy more when I seen it in person. It sold out within the first or 2nd day, and I know why! Its just gorgeous and well made, nothing but the best from Kotobukiya ^______^

vampy-white-phoenix


TOYSREVIL: Besides toys, what else do you look out for at SDCC?

LINDA LE: Well, other than toys, I looked for new anime, and picked up some books. Other than that, there's so much to love about comic con if you haven't gone before you gotta go at least once in this lifetime! <3 Vampy

VAMPY-STICKERS
[Stickers & "Black Rock Shooter" Cosplay in Print by Linda Le / Vampy @ SDCC]
BLACK-ROCK-VAMPY

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK