Tarnished Daydreams Feature: The Artworks of Doktor A

Endwall2Lorez
DOK-A-INK-DRAWING-02 DOK-A-INK-DRAWING-03

TOYSREVIL: We see Very little of your work in 2D, especially painted work (specifically for shows only) and your paper-cut silhouettes is pretty brill. As well your recent ink artwork featuring a lot of depth and geographic space management - is that an evolution we are witnessing? How do you feel about the 2D-realm, versus the 3D culture?

DOKTOR A: Overall I prefer the 3D work. But I want to expand the word of the Mechtorians in my shows. The more complex ink drawings are a direction I am keen to explore more. I think the monotone style of the ink works suits their world more than paintings. Thats not to say I won't be doing more painting in the future when I feel it is required.

DOK-A-mechsilhouette-01
DOK-A-mechsilhouette-02

DOKTOR A: The silhouettes came form the fact that Victorians would often have simple portraits done as silhouettes for lockets or small keepsafes and these would often be paper cut-out. I played around with the idea a little and discovered that my characters worked well as silhouettes but need to be in a 3/4 turned stance rather than the more traditional profile. I think you will see more of these in the future.

DOKTOR-A-ARTWORK
DOK-A-INK-DRAWING-05
DOK-A-INK-DRAWING-04

WHAT-IS: TARNISHED DAYDREAMS was a solo show by Doktor A, and opened April 1st @ Iksentrik and exhibited thru April 30th. There are still silhouettes, mini prints and framed artworks available online here - so grab them when they suit your palettes.

Meanwhile, we have completed our Serial-Q&A with the good Doktor and you can CLICK HERE to view the entire archive of Q&As with Doktor A on TOYSREVIL - Thanks for Reading, Folks!

DOK-A-INK-DRAWING-01
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK