> honor

what is honor?

Principled uprightness of character; personal integrity.

what is honor to us? what makes mortals die for honor? what makes us mortals forsake it?

what can bring a man down to the depths of his own personal gain and selfishness to dishonor someone else? to smear said person's reputation and sully his name? to forsake the past victories and triumphs he had achieved with said person who fought by his side? to forget the friendship forged thru years of battles and adversities? to forget oh-so-conveniently on a warpedwhim?

all these were brought about after an emotional viewing of The Last Samurai. yes, yet another "hollywood fare" ... but within the glamsham wields a singular precise cut with it's steel cold blade of truth, that reveals the bleeding wound of a harsh realization that even truths can and will be perverted. where "honor" is but a joke. a prank. a lie. a stab in the back.

recent revelations had ascertained my suspicions which had laid dormat ever since i left my last job. my name had been dragged thru the mud. convenient lies and half-truths drove an intangible wedge between me and my former collegues. and a sharpened stake struck thru my reputation. tis a sad day indeed when this happens.

i claim not to be a purely perfect honorable person. i too am with faults and fallacies. but in this matter i stand by my truths; even if they mean nothing to them. and itz not about what you can do about it. itz not what you can do to regain that reputation and name with your "friends", who had chosen to believe the lies. tis the inherent tragedy that evolves into a blessing in disguise as they root out the real friends from the fairweather. for if they were so easily swayed into the other corner, then mayhaps they weren't that good a friend in the first place? i question not their personal minds and decisions in these matters, i just lament their lack of "honor" to confirm the "truth"; for their own. but no, they decide and judge on what they've been told and hence partake in the lies, which to many, unfortunately; has become "truth". this angers me greatly. but it saddens me even more so.

i would not want to think i had lost a friend or such. rather, i lament the loss of "integrity". to be fair, no one owes me any explanation. and neither would i offer any if not asked in the first place. neither would i accept any apologies. and neither would i offer any. for tho i owe myself that fight for integrity and honor, but mayhaps i needn't fight them as they deserve naught from me. and sometimes i think myself foolish for not lashing back with my own words. but in the end, would it be but a war of words? what use would that be, for if the smallminded could only see thru their peepholes; half-eye-closed? what less the truth which might cost them their sanity, reasoning and blind loyalty?

my friendship, time and effort given out, stepped on and smudged beneath the acid tongues of the feebleminded? i pity them. i pity you. i do. for i am not the fool in the end. i still have my honor with me and i walk away with head held high.

what is honor to you?
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK