good afternoon teacher

:: LIFE IN SINGAPORE / WORK ::
and so i recently had a compulsory medical-once-over for a new "alternative career option", and the lil 10cmX8cm chest-xray and a doctor's slip says that "im fit to be a lecturer" ("part-time" or otherwise, im not totally sure really) and the next step is to see if the relevant "authorities" (ie: gahmen) would recognize my decade+ worth of work-experience over an obvious lack of paper qualification; in respect to educational certification past my vocational institute Diploma; half a lifetime ago. and all i've got to do is fill-up a coupla application forms?

if only it were as simple as that ...


what was frustrating (that has since morphed into "mild amusement/chuckle") was the fact that i had spent the last coupla weeks days ploughing thru my entire past (or at least "boxes fulla old stuff") for my GCE 'O' Level certificate. an seemingly harmless slip of documentation that had elluded and baffled me to no end (and of weeks), stopping only when the sun shone and when my eyes blurred and my aching back went out and gave up. (so much for the "clean bill of health", innit? HAH) which again provided me with yet another realization: that i've not had the pleasure to write a "proper resume" nor apply for any such position that which required my past to be remembered and be attached in photocopy-form ~ no, not for the last decade plus = quite fascinating this :)

and of coz the infernal piece of aged-paper had to be found in the last place i searched.

but besides the paper-trail (mis)adventures and forays into my non glorious (dusty+musty) past, my mind's been in a perpetual conundrum ... like, am i actually ready to go forth and "teach"? who am i to influence the nubile minds of young'uns? (i can call them "young'uns" now coz i realize/d i've grudgingly entered "the late thirties" gawddammit). and all i've got are my war stories of past and recent productions, a stomach filled with unaired injustice, a head fulla anger-juice and a pair of weak knees (okay, the last one is due to "old age" :p) ... but i tell myself: "more positive affirmation" will do myself and every other peep in my immediate vicinity; well and good - and save those "twilight jadedness" (ie: "long grandfather sob glory stories") for my eventual memoirs (which probably will never be written, henceforth) ... another entry for another time, mayhap?

as for "what" and "where" i'll be lecturing/teaching? ... well, maybe i'll wait until the applications have been approved before i say anything more, innit? *heh* ;p
._.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK