bart qee custom by tam

TOYSREVIL: what's the name of your custom?

TAM: Skin Deep

/// READ MORE HERE

TRE: how did your custom's concept come about? and how was the execution?

TAM: mmmm... It's quite embarrassing, but I started working on another design and I messed it up... I started to get really REALLY angry so I took a black color and just covered it all, dripping black color all over the place, action painting style.. how pathetic..

After cooling down (a matter of minutes..) I started to carve the black color with a knife, exposing the layers under it. A very relaxing way to pass 3 days with my poor nerves..


TRE: well, it looks raking to me! LOL - are you a Simpsons-fan?

TAM: I'm quite a Simpsons fan.. it has been running since I was 10 years old which is crazy! I taped every episode of the first 5 seasons and watched it over and over with my sisters..It had lots of influence on me as a kid with its design and humor, but most of all, it made me wanna have an animation series of my own! (and I'm working on it..)

TRE: do you think Bart is a pain-in-da-ass or is he just misunderstood?

TAM: Bart is Bart..well It's like you can't blame your cat for shitting on the carpet.. He's a cat!

TRE: if you were a Simpsons-character, who would you wanna be and why?

TAM: huh.. tough one..naturally I'd wanna have a character of my own, but I'd go for groundskeeper Willie, one of my faves.. I love the bigger-than-life drama in every aspect in his life..and he wears skirts! very comfortable..

TRE: why do you think the Simpsons-character skin is yellow?

TAM: Heavy water in the tap?


TOYSREVIL: thanks for your time for this feature, TAM! in closing, maybe you can tell us a little bit about yourself, who is TAM?

TAM: My name's Tamar Moshkovitz but TAM is for daily usage.. Tel-Aviv, Israel is where I live and do my stuff. I'm a designer/ illustrator/ animator for my living, art and fun and I also make PLUSHOOD plush toys series with my lovely partner Shlomi Schillinger which we sell around the globe. I found a cat yesterday and took him home! My first pet ever! (His name is Suggs)

peep TAM-links:
- www.go-tam.com
- www.plushood.com
- www.flickr.com/photos/7765006@N04/
- www.flickr.com/photos/18689337@N00/
- www.flickr.com/photos/51298611@N00/
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK