bart qee custom by yoink

TOYSREVIL: what's the name of your custom?

YOINK: Leave it to Breather


/// READ MORE HERE

TRE: how did the Bart Qee custom gig come about? what was the genesis?

YOINK: I was asked by the great folks that run Rotofugi here in Chicago.

TRE: how did your custom concept come about? and why did you choose this concept?

YOINK: My concept is more or less how ive been expressing my creative energy for the last year or so, Its a personal process ive been using, but also is influenced by the sculpt in the first place, i.e. i used the spikes in the hair as something that would generate the design on the head. Its a tedious process, starts in pencil and takes a while. This piece was mostly Influenced by comics and pop-art, and the snow on an old black and white t.v.

TRE: are you a Simpsons-fan?

YOINK: Of couse i'm a simpsons fan! YOINK!!!! I was a big Simpsons fan growing up. I remember I had this t-shirt that said "I'm Bart Simpson, Who the hell are you?" and my mom confiscated it!


TRE: LOL - that'll sure rile-up any parentals! do you think Bart is a pain-in-da-ass or is he misunderstood?

YOINK: I think Bart's character has kinda evolved from a pure troublemaker over the years, I think "the simpsons" were best when the writers realized that Bart's character was becoming cliche, so they started playing on that by making him really clever or putting him in situations where his character had to deal with more serious or interesting events (like getting a girlfriend, or owning a factory downtown). Those episodes were always hilarious.

TRE: well noted - the Evolution of Bart continues ... If you were a Simpsons-character, who would you wanna be and why?

YOINK: Frank Grimes. I think its crazy that theres all these people who have houses and cars and $300 jeans, where im always hustling just to get by! Im not as vengeful though, Im more thankful for what and who I have.

TRE: i could never fathom $300-jeans LOL ... why do you think the Simpsons-character skin is yellow?

YOINK: Jaundice epidemic?

TOYSREVIL: cheers for your time and trouble, Joe! in closing, mayhap you could share with us; WHO IS YOINK?

YOINK: Thanks for the Interview! Im a Chicagoan by way of Baltimore and Pittsburgh, Been drawing all my life!  If you're interested in my work you can check more out at www.robotcastle.blogspot.com. I would love feedback from anyone who wants to drop me a line. Im interested in putting my art in more shows and out in the world in general so if you need some work give me a holler!

Peace,
Yoink!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK