about the-tarantulas' lefty custom for diy calamari


TOYSREVIL: what is the name of your custom?
 
THE TARANTULAS: Onion Face

TRE: what is the toy-story behind your custom?
 
TT: Onion Face is a character from this sort of cartoony alternative Star Wars universe called Waja 77 which was on my old website. He's kind of a homage to Prune Face my all time favourite SW figure !

TRE: "Prune Face" - now that's a name you don't hear too often! search your peelings, you know this to be true ... what was the genesis of your custom?
 
TT: The Lefty body was perfect to create the head for a 12" Onion Face - it's grafted onto a GI Joe cut down at the knee. My customs always end up pretty much as 12" action figures - guess that's my thing.

TOYSREVIL: hey, 1/6th-are-your-friends! cheers for your time and trouble, in closing, please share with us, Who Is The Tarantulas and what are you currently up to?
 
THE TARANTULAS is one guy = me !
I used to work with Rob & Luc at Hasbro till we got out earlier this year. I'm working on my own projects between freelancing like a lot of people. Toy wise I'm working on something in 1/6 with Morpheus for release next year..
 
Check www.the-tarantulas.com & my blog Chipfork Afrocomb to see whats new...
peep Onion Face @ D.I.Y. CALAMARI
Opening November 15th
The Bodhi Gallery
214 Brick Lane
London, E1 6SA
United Kingdom
tel: 020 7749 0750
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK