Top Seven Fav Music Tracks of 2007

... and what they mean to me ... and no, they needn't have to be released in 2007 to count (my "music-budget" was near-non-existent this year actually, so loads of tunes were "recycled" LOL :p)

CLICK ON FOR LIST (along with accompanying youtubed-video, 'natch) ... or move on to the next post, fhanks! :)


LADYTRON - Destroy Everything You Touch

(single circa 2005) this is me marching along, a retelling of the past, immaculate devastation, delicious destruction, thy demons like electro-pop. and this clouded my memoryscape, it did. left-right, left-right, left-right-left-crunch...

LINKIN PARK - What Have I Done

while this may not pack as much explosive-punch as their previous offerings from Meteora nor Hybrid Theory, in fact it is quite insipid. but as a vessel of emotional-resonance? it echos (if you perk your ears and minds a tad), at least for me. some may argue: "mellowed pop-metal" = i have no problems with that. and i am so tired of emo-rock (half-a-year ago it would've been ThisChemicalRomance, The Killers, The Strokes, Kaiser Chiefs, Kasabian et al on this list LOL) ... and on a more flippant-note, the opening strains heard over the Transformers-trailer cemented this song's infamy for me LOL

MODERN DOG - Before

coming-in at the tail-end of '07, with the excellent Thai-movie Citizen Dog [reviewed] in which this was the main track. in many ways, the riffs remind me loads of Singaporean music, or mayhap tis Asian music im hearing instead? a bittersweet-melody lingers for the years past, perhaps ... (nowadays i've learnt to stop pondering the veiled mysteries and just tap my feets along :p)

KINGS OF CONVENIENCE - Misread

i'd actually forgotten how KOC sounded (when i'd gotten their album years back). a weird-sensation, like a blacked-out period, a missing chunk of my life ... and while searching for tracks for my Toy Saves Children videos, i rediscovered their Riot On An Empty Street (circa 2004). and it was like a fresh new sound to me. a blackholevoid that's suddenly been refilled, and let's me flit amongst the zen clouds ... heh.

WU JIAHUI - One Half

it's like all of my fav Mandarin+Hokkien-songs all rolled-in-one. the haunting melancholy-melody flashback memories in slow-mo (yes, im a sappy-sap, shuddup) ... the irony is, i've yet to watch 881 (the local movie where this song is one of the main tracks)

HASYMO - Rescue

blame it on both Hot Toys and the anime. it is truly frustrating trying to parlay both the longing for the 1/6th-figures (and the unfortunate reality that it'll be beyond my grasp) and of the movie im gagging to watch (would be fab if tis on the big-screen ... on my 14-inch telly via DVD; a very far second, mind), and everytime i listen to Hasymo's tunnage, the inner desires tend to take on a (near) tangible form and float somewhat before my mindscape (have i lost you folks yet? heh). the melody haunts me to a fault, and taunts me for what i desire for (most) but do not possess ... that, and im a sucker for Ryuchi Sakamoto's tunes lah. heh.

PLAYER - Baby Come Back

becoz of the Transformers Movie, now i have a song for when i see the backs of women walking away from my life me (it's more comedic than tragic, i insist :p) ... also the silhouetted back of Megan Fox is a pretty good memory to have, no? heh.

so what are YOUR Top Seven Music Tracks of 2007?

... i'd wanted to start a Music Meme for this, but reckon it may not
take ... aaahh but what the heck! folks? YOU have been tagged:

1. Matthew B.
2. Klim K.
3. Kirkland J.
4. Eric N.
5. Andrew 9
6. Billy T.
7. Pris C.

(post in the comments-section OR start a post in your own blog-space and choose 7 folks)
anyone wants to play along, please do feel free and tag back. heh.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK