star trek @ san diego comic convention 2008

I'm actually quite a sucker for "gimmicks" (*promotions*) - especially ones like this poster for the upcoming J.J.Abrams-directed STAR TREK (XI) - whereby 4 separate posters join together to form a huge / larger-picture, and in this instance with the ST-Icon as the unifying design. (I LIKE. I Want. GIMME.)

TrekMovie.com has since confirmed that they were given away @ SDCC Paramount booth - and also of a larger-poster (incorporating all 4 images) made available. But if you're like me, halfway around the world - you can download the individual desktop-images on www.startrekmovie.com/, and make one yourself (I did :p)

Anyways, the concept reminds me loads of comicbook covers in the days of yore (NOT the different-covers-but-with-same-pages-within type'a nonsense) ... anyways, apparently no footage were shown @ SDCC, altho AICN has a description of footage seen somewhere else, of two battle sequences [read HERE] ... and somehow that mades me a tad excited (in a geekout-way, ya pervs!) - and frankly, I'm not what you would call a Trekkie (Star War's my poison lah) but seeing Eric Bana (I think) on the top-left panel, and even "Sylar" as "Spock" - is pretty darn nifty, I admit - heh.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK