terminator: salvation teaser trailer (& the return of a celluloid lament)


The Teaser Trailer for T4 aka TERMINATOR: SALVATION has been online since before SDCC and can be viewed on the movie's official website, as well as links to QT / HD on the movie-blog ... CLICK THRU for more screengrabs and my long-ish personal commentary about T4 and genre-films :)


T4-POSTER
[Poster seen in Amsterdam - I've forgotten the originator of pic - do feel free to enlighten me]

I seriously cannot remember watching the Terminator movies on the big screen (if I did, it would most probably have been T2 - but just not sure if it's "memory" or "imagination" - I am but Senility's manbitch), but what I do remember is the utter joy of devouring them on DVD - well, at least for T1 and T2 (repeated viewing, no less LOL) whereas T3 was only for Claire Danes and the Terminator-chick-whose-name-I've-forgotten and can't-be-arsed-to-google-for (I've got my priorities straight, I insist - and it's on VCD :p) ... so when word got out about T4 aka TERMINATOR: SALVATION, I'd not bat an eyelid, as so much as fans online have lamented and debated over the possibilities of McG directing, and Christian Bale acting (as John Connor) ... becoz frankly, I'm in the mood for "change" - for something different, for creators to bring something new to the lore - as long as it is "new" - rather than retread what has been revered in the past (and no, actually I do not want to see Arnold in this one) - becoz at the end of the day, there's still the DVDs of past movies to watch if nostalgia bites.

T4-STILL-02

Evolution heralds Change - good or bad - and if "we/they" do not evolve? We are but movies stuck on replay in our collective dvd-playing-minds, IMHO (And no, I cannot afford Blu-Ray :p) ... I'm reminded of when Tim Burton's Batman came out, the influence it had on me and my (design) work (courtesy of the late Anton Furst), was astonishingly strong, and frankly lasts til this day (as lingering as they may be) ... then came Schumacher's dynamic-duo-flicks (hey, at least he cast Alicia Silverstone and Nicole Kidman, innit? LOL) ... and when all "hope" was cast into the cold empty void of memories-best-forgotten - out pops Nolan's Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Bale bathed in spotlight ... so would Bale be T4's "salvation"?

(sorry, couldn't resist)

... Devolve? Or Evolve? Change is movement, be it forward or backward (story-chronologically theorizing, of coz). Press Pause only when you need to visit the restroom.

No, I'm not saying T4 is a confirmed opus, but one can only hope to be entertained, blown-away, or make you bang your head against the theatre-walls ... I'm opting for the first, but that's just me (am still learning to manage my celluloid-expectations, especially after Spiderman-3) ... Genre movies are always tricky, especially remakes or celluloid-riffs ("homage" my chubby-arse) - as they have an uphill-fight against "memory", IMHO.

T4-STILL-03

McG has mentioned that this would be a "war movie" and when it comes to apocalyptical movies? "WAR" rawks! (IMHO, of coz) ... now I'll go and watch my MadMax3: Beyond Thunderdome VCD I got for a song yesterday (dammit I need entertainment in whatever forms I can afford to partake in) to relive some long-forgotten memories ... meanwhile, someone needs to seriously use a 1/6th-Bale headsculpt (take the Hot Toy's one by Yulli for pete's sake) and kitbash a Connor-figure ala the top-posted movie-still (I would, if only I could afford a Hot Toys Dark Knight ... *le-sigh*) heh.

T4-STILL-01

[Poster-image via Firstshowing.net / Still via Entertainment Weekly / additional screen-caps via SHH-forum]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK