old muxtape ejected, new mix underway

A random click-check on my quasi-abandoned MUXTAPE led to creator Justin Ouellette's recollection of the events that preceded the "revamp" of the new online Muxtape-concept, and of the "death" of the old. Yes, all our collected "online mixtapes" are no more.
"Muxtape is relaunching as a service exclusively for bands, offering an extremely powerful platform with unheard-of simplicity for artists to thrive on the internet. Musicians in 2008 without access to a full time web developer have few options when it comes to establishing themselves online, but their needs often revolve around a common set of problems. The new Muxtape will allow bands to upload their own music and offer an embeddable player that works anywhere on the web, in addition to the original muxtape format." [READ MORE]
A pity tho, I've rather enjoyed the online "sharing" feature of muxtape [muxtapemondays]. As well as the concept of a "mixtape", which in some ways parallels the concept (or rather summarizes it) of a weblog, IMHO = I share with you 10 blog-posts for the day, just like a list of 10 of my fav songs.

One of the predominant feature of Muxtape, as compared to "other" social-networking-based sharing sites, being that it was simple. To use and to share. No fancy knobbly-bits here and flashy doo-dads there - to "enhance" the online interface experience - which to me, impedes downloading times. These days, I'm ALL about fast download-times ... but that's just me :p

In the meanwhile, I'm thinking of going back to my Multiply / Music (QT-playback), which does not have the same "kick", but still "sharable" nonetheless, innit? *heh*
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK