2008-WRAP-UP WITH TRE: METIN SEVEN

WHAT-IS: TRE-Friends and Folks send over Xmas-egreetings. TRE-Friends and Folks then gets cyber-ambushed with series of questions wrapping up 2008. In the hot-seat rapid-round of Qs&As for this cycle is Mr. Metin Seven - creator of Seamour Sheep & Marty Mole.

TOYSREVIL: Before we begin the rapid-round, do share with us (for the benefit of new readers and perhaps new folks entering the realms of art toy collectible) - WHO IS METIN SEVEN?

METIN SEVEN: My name is Metin Seven, I'm a freelance Dutch designer and illustrator with a weak spot for toys. I'm proud to be represented by the Hong Kong toy producer Crazy Label, who has released a number of my toy character designs related to my Seamour Sheep comic strip series.

/// CLICK THRU for a 2008-WRAP-UP WITH TRE :)


TOYSREVIL: How has 2008 been to you? Good / Bad?
 
METIN SEVEN: 2008 was a good year for me. I'm satisfied with the amount of work that came my way, although 2008 also marked the end of the weekly publication of my Seamour Sheep comic strip series in the Dutch national newspaper NRC.next. They had to stop the cartoon page because of the financial crisis. To my regret this has also caused a decrease of the time I'm able to reserve for new Seamour comics.


METIN SEVEN: On the toy front 2008 saw the release of the Seamour Sheep Radioactive Edition, released as a sequel to the Seamour Sheep Illuminative Edition. I'm very proud of the fact that the Illuminative Edition is sold out and want to thank everyone in the world whose desk, cabinet, shelf or night table is now being lit by a chubby sheep.


TOYSREVIL: Damn I wanted an Illumi so bad too (too late now, innit? HAH). What was the Best toy you bought in 2008? And which one was it you wished you hadn't bought? And Why?
 
METIN SEVEN: My best toy buy of 2008 is without a doubt Crazy Label's Monster Burp. I'm jealous that I didn't design it. J It's another fine example of the originality of Crazy Label and their represented designers, and it deserves to be a big success. I have no regrets regarding toys I bought, but one of them is still on its way to me: The Joker Bank Robber Edition by Hot Toys. Can't wait for it to arrive!


TOYSREVIL: Recession? What recession? Is it affecting you folks in any way, or going to?
 
METIN SEVEN: Well, I lost my comic strip in the Dutch national newspaper NRC.next, so in that area it's affecting me, but luckily I've got more up my sleeve than comics and cartoons. I also create 2D and 3D illustrations, 3D characters, photorealistic 3D visualizations, 3D product designs (including toys) and animations. I guess (well, uh … I hope) a recession is a bit easier to survive if you're an independent professional in stead of a large company that has to pay a number of wages, a high office space rent and an expensive car for the CEO. J


TOYSREVIL: le-Ouch. Better and more positive happenings be in store for you in 2009, Metin! What would you consider to be a milestone you've achieved in 2008 thus far? (Understanding of coz there's still two weeks more to go til 2008-ends :p)
 
METIN SEVEN: My wife and I have moved to a new house this year. It's a cute little isolated house with a great atmosphere and a romantic stairway, built in 1910. And of course the Seamour Radioactive Edition has made me a proud 'n' happy bloke again. Oh yeah, I've also lost about 15 kilos this year. I managed to lose my Seamour belly. J
 
TOYSREVIL: (Darn you for loosing weight... j/k!). Now, if you were given a choice to remember just one single memory for 2008 (with everything else wiped clean and forgotten thereafters) - What would that memory be? ... And what would you rather forget?
 
METIN SEVEN: I'm surely going to remember the new chapter my wife and I entered by moving to a new home and new neighbourhood, and I would rather forget the killer mortgage that was necessary for the move. Recession, please have mercy on me!
 
TOYSREVIL: What are you looking forward to in 2009?
 
METIN SEVEN: I am hugely looking forward to my Joker Bank Robber Edition. I can't look at the photos without drooling. Hot Toys successfully managed to capture the facial characteristics of the late Heath Ledger. May he rest in peace, leaving us with his highly memorable role in The Dark Knight, catapulting the movie into my top 3 of all-time favorite movies. Everyone's invited to check out my review of The Dark Knight, including some tribute artwork I created.


TOYSREVIL: What have you planned for christmas? And where will you be at the stroke of midnight leading into 2009?
 
METIN SEVEN: We've invited some family for a dinner at our new house on one of the X-Mas days, and we've been invited by my best friend on the other X-Mas day. That will surely result in a long PS3 Singstar evening, fueled by Glühwein.
 
At the stroke of midnight my wife and I will be toasting a glass of champagne to celebrate the first turn of the year in our new home. Cheers!

You can catch Metin at the following online locales:
http://www.sevensheaven.nl
http://www.seamoursheep.com
http://www.metinseven.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sevensheaven/
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK