Brian Colin's custom-I.W.G for Humans Beware @ Rocketworld (Apr 10)

BRIANCOLIN-IWG

Peep Brian Colin's customed-I.W.G. bear gone-all-Jurassic Baby - but be not deceived by it's adorable peepers, for even as a hatchling, tis liable to be hungry, and I doubt this dino be a vegan, yeh? Completed for the upcoming Humans Beware group customs-show @ Rocketworld - April 10th launch [tagged / www]. Shown above-right is the accompanying painted canvas showing the caverns where the eggs hatch.

So how did the blank I.W.G-bear became a newly hatched reptilian creature? CLICK THRU to find out!

Brian says: I had recently acquired the yellowish eyes that felt like they should go on a lizard, snake, or dinosaur.... even though they were coyote eyes I believe. I knew my color scheme was going to be in the green family from there. Since I had an idea of where I was going with it, it was time to let the sculpting begin."

"One of my favorite things about the I.W.G. Bear is the underbite, so when I started to place the eyes and sculpt the brow I built the underbite up even more. At that point the body looked as though it could be an adult. I took the arms out of place and lowered them to make it look a little more awkward so it would seem younger."

Then when I went to cover the holes for the existing arms I decided to give it lumps all over the place. I think with a bunch of bumps it is easier to blend in to it's environment almost passing as a large greenish rock formation. Once the custom was done I knew I was going to make a canvas to go with it. Realizing that it was a recent hatchling I wanted to show the caverns where the eggs hatch. The canvas has multiple layers to it using cut paper to add extra depth."


(Cheers for the headsup, B!)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK