Lil'G by Jasin Dollin

LIL'G comes from a big love! A love of the city, a love of graffiti, a love of B-boys and B-girls, a love for music from punk, funk and jazz to hip-hop, reggae and soul. Lil' g embraces everyone and wants to spread the word to sit back, relax and see the amazing world we have before us! Culture, people, art, colors and sounds. It's all there for us to embrace and celebrate everyday.
LILG-01

Lil'g (short for "Little Ghettoblaster") is a new platform vinyl toy concept with MP3 player adaptability, befitting it's boombox form! Featured here are prototypes by it's creator Jasin Dollin, which are currently awaiting the opportunity of being put into production. (TRE says: Someone track this guy down and get it done!) - CLICK THRU to find out more about Lil'g :)

LILG-02

WHAT-IS: Created in soft, smooth vinyl to be customized in a broad variety of styles by anyone working in different mediums. You can paint, draw, cover with stickers or anything else you can imagine! Lil' g is just waiting to be decked out, pimp'd out or loved just the way Lil' g was made.

Lil' g is happy just sitting on your desk to be enjoyed, or plug in your MP3 player to enjoy your favorite music on the go! Lil'g is a boom box with a lot of heart!
[WWW]

POSSIBLE COLOR-VARIANTS CONSIDERATION: White / Black / Hot Pink / GID


[L: Initial sketch / R: 3D-Render]

Toronto-based character designer Jasin Dollin had always loved boom boxes and ghetto blasters, so when he fell in love with the designer toy culture the two just came together. "I wanted to create a really cool, smaller version of the boom boxes from my past. PLUS I wanted to have it actually work, just on a smaller scale for your MP3 player. It took a long time but eventually I came up with a design liked, I actually came up with future ideas if this idea takes off."

Q: How did this all start?

JASIN DOLLIN: I am a big fan of vinyl toys as I own a few and have visited my favorite stores in LA, NYC and here in Toronto. I'm such a big fan that I wanted to take my illustration skills and design something close to my heart (Ghetto Blasters!!!). I have a lot of designer friends who also have a passion for the vinyl culture. So I had a lot of support and help along the way.


[Prototype Assembly]

Q; What's the production status of Lil'g right now?

JASIN DOLLIN: I'm currently at the point where I'm either going to produce this in small doses on my own, OR find distribution. I have companies I've been contacting (HK/CDN/US) and we'll see where that leads. I'm also planning on going to Hong Kong in March to see what I can do in person, visiting factories and such.

LILG-03
[Shown below is Lil'G's mascot: Lil Gorilla!]
LILG-LILGORILLA
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK