Black Rain's SATO in 1/6 by Medicom Toy

20 Years have since passed when Japanese-actor Yusaku Matsuda was seen on-screen opposite Michael Douglas and Andy Garcia in the movie; "Black Rain" - as "Sato" - the Oyabun-wannabe Yakuza. Come October 2009, Medicom Toy pays homage to the actor with the release of a 1/6th-scaled RAH figure of SATO! CLICK THRU for a closer-look at the product images :)
BLACKRAIN-MEDICOM

Priced @ 20,790YEN (US$213 / SGD$321) - the 12 inch tall figure comes with full-tailored clothes, an exceptional likeness to the actor, sunglasses (2 types), a short katana, 3 additional hands, and a prop essential to the movie's plot: Printing Plate for Counterfeit US-dollars!

SATO-BLACKRAIN-01
SATO-BLACKRAIN-02
SATO-BLACKRAIN-03

Without a doubt, if anyone had asked me what my fav movie is/was, I would more likely say Ridley Scott's "Black Rain" [wiki]. This movie single-handedly shaped my perception of movie-making and craft - moreso than any other celluloid flicks of the past. I experienced this feature at the height and onset of my passion for filmmaking back then (with both it's positives and negatives). It had opened up a whole world of possibilities ... And I'll never tire of watching it over and over again on DVD (which I would've done laters, but unfortunately my current DVD-player does not play Region-1 discs *sob*). A "Sato" action figure will be teh coolness, IMHO!

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK