Star Wars Galaxy 4 Sketch Cards Q&A with MCA Evil Design

Hey, I'm down with "EVIL", and when I found out MCA of Evil Design was involved in the Star Wars Galaxy 4 Trading Card series - doing the Die-Cut sketch cards - I knew I had to bug him for a quick Q&A [TAGGED] - for the motivations of his color-pencil sketches, as well as finding out what "MCA" actually stands for .... (heh)

[CLICK THRU TO READ]

TOYSREVIL: WHO is MCA? ... what does MCA actually stand for?

MCA: I am MCA, the guy answering these here Star Wars trading card questions y’all sent over. I started up Evil Design in the early 90’s, I enjoying going out for pizza, I think Flap Jack is a great cartoon.. ummm.. I dunno what else could be said here that would be all that interesting... MCA (in this case) stands for: Mothma C'baoth Ackbar.

TOYSREVIL: I knews youse were a intergalactic alien! (heh) WHAT was the inspiration behind your sketches? What was the concept you had wanted to portray?

MOTHMA C'BAOTH ACKBAR: I just wanted to mess around in a new style & create my own crew of space heroes & villains. At 1st I thought I should just do my version of my Star Wars favorites, but then I decided on just making up new guys... I think they came out cool, some better than others, but all in all I think they work well as a group & they inspired me to begin working on my own space crew.

MCA-SWG4-02

TOYSREVIL: What was the medium you used? (What type of materials, like marker pens etc) And how long did they take? Are you happy with the result? How many cards did you do?

MCA: I used a few colors of spray paint to make a background color/pattern, then I picked 5 or 6 colors to use out of my primacolor pencil box & just started to draw. I think I did them all over the course of 3 nights, I drew em as I watched a movie or Tim & Eric or whatever was on the Food Network.. I think I did about 100. I’m pretty happy with em, I def had fun drawing them & I tried not to think to hard when making them, just whatever guy came out – that was that...

MCA-SWG4-01

TOYSREVIL: Go with where the galactic winds blow you eh? Any favourite card in the series you've created? Or piece of artwork?

MCA: I dunno if there was a #1 favorite, but I did like the look of them all together in one big pile before I mailed em off.

TOYSREVIL: What is the Best (or Favourite) and Worst memory of Star Wars you have?

MCA: I remember my Mom getting me the Yoda figure at Bradlees ( I think it was Bradlees) at the mall. I loved that little guy with the robe & orange snake.. I know I still have him around here somewhere.. I gotta find him!

TOYRSEVIL: If you could be a Star Wars character (from the 6 movies) - who will you be, and why?

MCA: Hammerhead, he was just a chilled out freak in the bar deciding which lady he was gunna make his baby momma.

MCA-SWG4-03
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK