Toy Project Feature: 365 Days Of Domo by Chris Gritti


Hawaii-based author and toy-enthusiast Chris Gritti has embarked on a photo-project dubbed; "365 Days Of Domo" ~ utilizing Domo Qees [tagged] from Toy2R ~ featured in a variety of dioramas, situations, and even features on hats! CLICK THRU for a slideshow-peek, as well as a short Q&A with Chris himself, and do check out Chris' Flickr-set for sum Domo-Kun-lurve!

I've personally attempt a similar photo-project with TOYPIXDAY and even KITBASHDAY a couple of years back, but alas have not been able to bring to full-fruition ... hey, it takes dedication & focus, okay? Kudos to Chris for his dedication to the project!




[CLICK for full-screen viewing]

TOYSREVIL: How did the Domo Project start?

CHRIS GRITTI: My fiance is an aspiring photographer and last November she told me about 365 projects and I thought "what a neat and challenging idea". She showed me some of the 365 projects on Flickr and I really liked the idea of doing a toy project.

TOYSREVIL: How did you come about choosing Domo Qees for this project?

CHRIS GRITTI: I spotted one of the Domo Qee figurines and ideas just started forming in my head. I started to collect them and took a few practice shots, wrote down a whole year's worth of ideas for the project, and waited till the first of the year to start.

TOYSREVIL: Did you hand-made all the props and dioramas yourself?

CHRIS GRITTI: With a few exceptions yes I hand make all of my props and sets. I've started quite a collection of Domo sized stuff that I keep in case I can use it at some point.


[Guess the TV-theme which the above scene is based on]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK