Custom-Showcase: My Little Pony by Lunabee (for Toy (Re)Collections)

The “Toy (Re)Collections" show opened June 5th at Lulubell Toy Bodega [blogged] whereby participating artists contributed personal items, each with a "story" or personal history attached to it, from "one-of-a-kind toys and customized vinyl, photographs and paintings, collection shots and prototypes." The show exhibits thru June 29th 2010.

Sarah Miskelly aka UK-based artist Lunabee contributed and custom-painted two My Little Pony figures from her own personal collection. Sarah shares with us: "The idea behind them was to have something that represented my artist name and different sides of me as an artist and as a person. " ~ CLICK THRU for more snaps, along with her story behind them.


Sarah mentions: "Luna is shy, reserved, introspective and prefers to be alone pondering the magical mysteries of the universe. Bee is carefree, loves the sun and likes to be in the outdoors with friends that make her laugh." [Luna is shown above, while Bee is posted below]


Sarah adds: "The 2 ponies are from my personal collection so it was quite hard to let them go and be customized but i wanted them to be as a personal as possible. My Little Pony were the first toys I ever collected and I still have a huge collection, there is something about them I love and they remind me of many happy childhood memories."


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK